2006 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Really neat car
By skistler on 03/17/07 16:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned over 50 cars and I can say that my '06 SS is one of the neatest cars I have ever owned. It is a blast to drive and having grown up in the late 60's, I can say this is the whole package for handling, power, and comfort in an affordable car.

Great little car
By jmt on 11/05/06 20:34 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

After comparing it to several other small cars (including Corolla and Civic), the Malibu definitely had the most bang for my buck. It's a sharp looking little car, comfortable, fun to drive, and gets pretty good gas mileage (21-22 mpg in heavy city driving). The steering took me about a month to get used to, but I don't know if that's because I was used to the steering on my old '97 Escort. Now I don't even notice it.

Best US Car Ever
By Carguy on 11/04/06 08:36 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased my '06 Malibu in the Dark Metallic Blue. By far the best US car I have owned. The only complaint I have is the lack of longer seat bottoms. I stand almost 6 ft and my knees hang over the edge. Not that comfortable. Other than that I highly reccomend it. The V-6 Is a great performer

My New Malibu
By IROLLM on 10/28/06 09:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had the car for a couple months, but it has been a delight. It's quiet, handles well, and the six cylinder engine delivered 36 MPG on a recent 900 mile trip. I've owned Honda's and driven many Toyota's and I have to say this car is equal to any of them. Plus, you save thousands of dollars over a Honda, and let's face it, I'd rather have my money up front and in the bank than tied up in the car and having to trade it in to get the money back. It just makes better monetary sense. Plus, it's nice to be driving an American car again.

Put the fun back in driving
By kevdog on 10/26/06 17:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

At 6'7", this car fits great. The ease of getting into and out of is outstanding. Tons of legroom with the seat slightly reclined. I looked at all makes and models, including full size sedans, and of them all the Malibu was by far these easiest to get into. Plenty of options for the money. More than enough power and great fuel mileage, even if I've got that lead foot. Used to have a '98 F-150, now enjoy driving again.

Good value
By Dale on 09/28/06 13:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very comfortable car, particularly for its high gas mileage. The LTZ model is well equipped for the price. The LTZ trim gives life to an exterior styling that is rather ordinary.

Lot of car for the money
By TimelessImagesSoCal on 09/24/06 17:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I looked at Nissan Altima, Toyota Camary, Honda Accord, all with 4cyl and automatic transmission. The Chevrolet Malibu was far better in the class and very affordable, unlike the others. Electric steering, great handling, has plenty of power for a 4cyl. I use 91 octane and for the $.30 extra I am seeing an extra 4 miles in the city and 7 miles more per gallon on the hiway. Wow! If you calculate that I am saving money at 41 mile per- gallon on the hiway at 65 miles an hour

2006 Malibu
By Bert Mullins on 08/25/06 14:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Excellent car. Gas mileage is even better than advertised. We've gotten up to 39 MPG on the highway, and always get at least 27 MPG in town. Quality is very nice and of a level one would only expect to find from a much more expensive car. The performance is quite nice, even though it is only a four cylinder motor, and it has plenty of room inside. It's not a small car by any means, it just gets the gas mileage of one. We are very pleased with this car.

Unbelievable for the money
By Phil on 08/24/06 14:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Has this car almost 1 year. Bought at an unreal price. I am a salesman and have put 27,000 miles so far and not one problem. Last week I got 34 miles per gallon on a road trip. Not one rattle has surfaced, and tires and brakes are still close to their original specs. Peppy for a 4 cylinder. This car has been a real surprise. If this keeps up, I will get another one in two years.

Terrible Car
By Ken on 08/18/06 10:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Poorly made. Cheap plastic all over the inside. Seat already falling apart. Middle console made of cheap plastic. A/C compresser locked up, threw a belt, overheated. Two weeks to get a part due to backorder (which should tell you that there are problems with this vehicle). I should have never purchased GM. I'm going back to Honda and Toyota.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.