Used 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Worst Car I've ever Bought
By robdiddy

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car with 4000 miles on it, rattle in dash at 10k. Torque Converter went at 40k. The stock tires were horrible and made loud noise on the road. The interior of the car stained when it rained. The dashboard rattle became louder as time went on. Despite attempting to tighten everything in the dash, nothing fixed it. The catalytic converter clogged at 50k. At that, I turned the car in and took my losses. I spent 4k on the car in repairs in 2 years and it was draining me.

Better interior, better quality transmission, more performance in engine and redesign the dash so it doesn't gradually become loose and rattle.

Rotors need replaced at 31,831
By Sue

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car was serviced Nov 10 2008, winter tires, oil change and general check, everything including brake pads were ok. Returned vehicle March 2009 to change tires back to summer and have oil changed, I have now been told that rotors are so bad that they are dangerous, replacement cost of $325.00/axel. I am a city driver, I drive with 1 foot and my pads were fine just 4 months ago;it wasn't even suggested that the pads be changed. I've not had any squealing, pulling or shaking, so I have to wonder...? I drove my last car for 14 years and only had to change the brake pads. Are GM parts of such poor quality? Rotors are not covered under GMPP total plus, even obviously faulty ones. Unacceptable

Smooth ride, great acceleration. Like the look of exterior.

I leased because I was convinced by salesperson that I would have a maintenance free car for 4 years as everything was covered. GM should live up to their warranty claims and use better quality parts. I paid more than a grand extra,for coverage that is apparently worthless.

Very UNHAPPY
By UnHappy

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I got my used 2006 Chevy Malibu in June of 2007. Since then I have had the POWER STEERING fixed a total of 4 times and the problem still occurs. I could be in the middle of driving and the power steering signal will display on my LCD screen and my wheel will lock up on me in the middle of the road. Its very scary and I am tired of getting it fixed and CHEVY is not fixing it. I go it fixed last month, Feb 2009 and now the problem is back a month later. I am not a happy customer.

POWER STEERING

great first car
By first car

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I got this Malibu after I had a 2000 Chevy silverado. It had a lift and big tires so it got about 17 mpg hwy. This car is such a difference, and gets such good gas mileage. From going state to state in that truck. That's a lot of gas. But when I got this, it isn't the most comfortable, and I miss siting so high up in a truck. But I live in Chicago and I drove to Arizona in my truck because it was like driving a living room. But my wallet got really skinny. So I drove the car, I only had to stop to get gas 4 times. That's awesome! The truck, I had to stop about 14-15 times. The only problem with the car, because I bought it used, was the steering arm. My son will have this car when he's 16.

good gas mileage, good starter car

seats uncomfortable, brakes squeak when brakes aren't on

Powerfull car
By nbcar

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car preform! Car can take anyone on the highway. awesome acceleration. comfortable and joy to drive.

electronic AC. seats. engine power.

none