2006 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews 3

2006 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
NEVER WILL I BUY CHEVY AGAIN
By piece of CRAP Chevy on 08/04/09 18:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Ok I bought this car 2 years ago and still financing. It had 20,000 when I bought it lets see once it hit 30,000 went down hill from there first electronic power steering keeps goin out every 2 months and whole car locks up and shuts down almost been in many accidents due to this brakes go bad every 3 to 6 months my windshield leaks when it rains, tires that where on it were loud, I paid 13,000 for a piece of junk and know I am looking to get rid of it maybe off a Cliff haha any suggestion on how to get out of the loan when the car is worth less then loan

What a pile of you-know-what!!!
By killrhedake on 06/12/09 14:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought this car from our local Chevrolet dealership. We bought it used with 6,000 miles. 8,000- replace front and rear brakes. 10,000 miles- replaced tires because the wore quickly. 25,000 miles- brakes again. This time discovering the passenger side rear pad was broken in half from the force of the caliper. I have never seen that before. 38,000- Brakes and tires again! God awful rattle emitting from the passenger side dash. Windshield leaking now. CD player likes eating CDs and will not fully eject them. Replaced intake with K&N recently. 65000- Check engine light- bad O2 sensor - wheel bearings shot and replaced. Dealership now out of business. No warranty upheld by GM.

Economical to drive
By TOMMMMMMMM on 04/18/09 17:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2006 Malibu LT at auction. It gets 34 mpg highway and 30 mpg driving across mountains. It displays outside temperature, mpg average, a trip a and b and fuel range before fill up. The seat has adjustable lumbar support and height adjustment. It's a really nice car for the price. The rear seats fold flat and the passenger front seat folds flat. I'm impressed with the quality. I paid $7800 and it has 49k miles.

Worst Car I've ever Bought
By robdiddy on 04/03/09 18:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car with 4000 miles on it, rattle in dash at 10k. Torque Converter went at 40k. The stock tires were horrible and made loud noise on the road. The interior of the car stained when it rained. The dashboard rattle became louder as time went on. Despite attempting to tighten everything in the dash, nothing fixed it. The catalytic converter clogged at 50k. At that, I turned the car in and took my losses. I spent 4k on the car in repairs in 2 years and it was draining me.

Rotors need replaced at 31,831
By Sue on 03/22/09 09:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car was serviced Nov 10 2008, winter tires, oil change and general check, everything including brake pads were ok. Returned vehicle March 2009 to change tires back to summer and have oil changed, I have now been told that rotors are so bad that they are dangerous, replacement cost of $325.00/axel. I am a city driver, I drive with 1 foot and my pads were fine just 4 months ago;it wasn't even suggested that the pads be changed. I've not had any squealing, pulling or shaking, so I have to wonder...? I drove my last car for 14 years and only had to change the brake pads. Are GM parts of such poor quality? Rotors are not covered under GMPP total plus, even obviously faulty ones. Unacceptable

Very UNHAPPY
By UnHappy on 03/19/09 13:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I got my used 2006 Chevy Malibu in June of 2007. Since then I have had the POWER STEERING fixed a total of 4 times and the problem still occurs. I could be in the middle of driving and the power steering signal will display on my LCD screen and my wheel will lock up on me in the middle of the road. Its very scary and I am tired of getting it fixed and CHEVY is not fixing it. I go it fixed last month, Feb 2009 and now the problem is back a month later. I am not a happy customer.

great first car
By first car on 03/12/09 06:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I got this Malibu after I had a 2000 Chevy silverado. It had a lift and big tires so it got about 17 mpg hwy. This car is such a difference, and gets such good gas mileage. From going state to state in that truck. That's a lot of gas. But when I got this, it isn't the most comfortable, and I miss siting so high up in a truck. But I live in Chicago and I drove to Arizona in my truck because it was like driving a living room. But my wallet got really skinny. So I drove the car, I only had to stop to get gas 4 times. That's awesome! The truck, I had to stop about 14-15 times. The only problem with the car, because I bought it used, was the steering arm. My son will have this car when he's 16.

Powerfull car
By nbcar on 02/27/09 05:08 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car preform! Car can take anyone on the highway. awesome acceleration. comfortable and joy to drive.

22 times in the shop
By lives in the shop on 02/12/09 23:22 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new! It was in the shop from week one, which the guys in the service dept have bent over backwards for me. They did not design or build the car, not their fault. The rattle was finally fixed, after the 3rd visit struts replace, strut mounts replaced 2 times in first yr, rack and pinion replaced? steering column sleeve replaced at 34,000 miles visor 2 times radio replaced ac fan motor, Car drifts to left all the time Car is very loud with road, noise brakes are showing signs of issues. Haven't taken it back in yet. Headlights shake even if road is smooth. This is my 3rd Malibu and last Chevy.

Great Car
By Rick on 02/05/09 12:36 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I drive 600 miles per week in this car and it has been flawless in 109000 miles I still have not done a brake job on this car yet!!! I have done oil changes and a set of tires and thats it in 109000 miles!!! I tuned it up at 100000 just as normal maintenence. I alwas get 30-35 miles per gallon depending how fast I am driving. This car has been outstanding!