2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Like it a lot!
By jojodancer on 06/12/10 13:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Interior could use some spicing up, it handles very well, kinda BAD on gas averaging 19.5 mpg (city & highway)but I guess that comes with those SS badges. Very fun to drive! Did have some issues with the intake manifold gaskets, be sure to have them checked out b4 purchase or be SURE to get an extended warranty that covers gaskets and other small inside of the engine parts.

I love my SS
By nmartinez on 01/27/09 14:27 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 06 Chevy Malibu SS last year. It had 21K mi on it and came from Louisiana. I've had it for exactly 1 year now, it has 40K mi on it and runs perfectly. I've never had a problem with this car. The only fluid I had to refill was Anti-freeze and I did that at 30K mi. So no big. The car has yet to disappoint me. This is my first Chevy, and it performs excellent in all the elements. Which is a plus, because Missouri weather is always unpredictable. The only thing I wish it could do better on is gas mileage. I get around 19-22 city and 26-28 hwy. But...it has a 3.9 L engine so I'm happy with what I get.

Snow white dream
By midlife love on 11/09/07 20:55 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This gem was the end result of a trade-in after a recent purchase of a mini-van. I canít say enough about this car. Super reliable and low maintenance. Great interior and exterior. Spoiler, sunroof, remote start, aluminum rims with 18Ē tires, 6-disk cd changer with XM radio, cruise control, leather/ cloth seats, leather steering wheel, and room for 5. Great car for any age. Sporty and family friendly. Great & fun drive. Super comfortable. 23-mpg city and 29-mpg highway driving 65 mph. I would buy this Super Sport again and again.

What a disappointment
By Hate Chevys Now on 10/14/07 17:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Wow! I loved the style. I loved the deal. But like mama always said "that which is too good to be true, probably is". After 8 trips to the dealer, they are finally replacing the steering colunm, brake rotors, tie rod ends, ball joints, and brake rotors. These have all gone bad within the 16215 miles I have driven this year. This car rattles, shakes and shimmys its way down the road with great style. Too bad it has a four speed auto when most others have a 6spd auto. I cannot wait to get rid of this car, but its value is still plummeting like a comet falling from the sky. If build quality and rattles with no hint of dealer help do not bother you, please buy mine, it is for sale.

A Sleeper
By Never too old on 04/18/07 18:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it used, with less than 4,000 miles, and I've put about 2,000 on it to date. I've been very satisfied with every aspect of this car so far with 2 exceptions - torque steer and fuel economy, as mentioned in other reviews. The handling, suspension, and performance are very good. Seats are comfortable, and controls are easy to reach. Steering wheel buttons for radio and cruise control are a bit small, however. This car may not be a Lexus, BMW or other high priced sports/luxury car. It is what it is. But I like being different from everyone else. You don't see a Malibu SS at every corner, and it's fun to have people say "a Super Sport? I didn't know Chevy made it!"

Fun to Drive
By Bob on 04/12/07 09:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I replaced an '06 Cadillac CTS with this car, mainly because the lease was up and I need an automatic transmission. The SS looked better than a base and I figured it would be fun to drive. So far it has met my expectations. It is quick around town and comfortable on long trips. MPG around 16 city in sprited driving. No problems except for warped brake rotors, replaced under warranty. I bought this car to keep for several years and believe it will suit my needs.

2006 Malibu SS Laser Blue Metallic
By Damon Baker on 03/20/07 15:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

What a great little car. Nice performance and good and comfortable. Had a little torque steer but that went away with the addition of a Borla exhaust. The stereo is a little weak for my taste! I wish the aftermarket world would take notice.

Really neat car
By skistler on 03/17/07 16:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned over 50 cars and I can say that my '06 SS is one of the neatest cars I have ever owned. It is a blast to drive and having grown up in the late 60's, I can say this is the whole package for handling, power, and comfort in an affordable car.

Lots of Fun for Not a Ton (of $)
By Gene on 07/27/06 20:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I cut my performance car teeth on the likes of a Chevelle SS396 and can honestly say that this Malibu SS is a blast to drive. Different of course, but the fun factor has returned. One has to be ready for some pretty heavy torque steer, but once adjusting for that the car can launch "very energetically". The SS's styling and stance are executed very nicely, and it doesn't look like a clone of everything else on the road. The seats are very comfortable, the controls are simple and have a good feel, and it has excellent load capacity, especially in the trunk. The relatively low price for the performance is a definite bonus. Test one, you'll like it! Good job, Chevrolet and GM Performance!

Malibu SS Nicest buy out there
By Kerry on 06/20/06 09:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Since purchasing this wonderful automobile I now know for sure that American cars deliver a lot of value for the buck. The car rides and handles extremly well and has a lot of eye appeal. Test drive the SS and you'll be buying one. I did for my wife and she loves it. A complete package of comfort style and conveince all built into one great automobile. With 240 HP the SS will deliver all the power you''ll need.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.