Used 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

love my 06 LT V6 Malibu
By cody9357

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased my 2006 Malibu with only 81K miles on it, 12000 miles later i still love it. i haven't had any problems with the vehicle other than regular maintenance. there are a few recalls on the vehicle but Chevrolet is taking care of that for me but if you are looking for a family vehicle with a little get up and go then I recommend this vehicle. also I am averaging about 25 miles per gallon if I keep my foot out of the gas pedal. I am 5'9" and with my driver seat adjusted there is plenty of leg room for my rear passengers to be comfortably seated.

the stock radio is really nice even though it isn't bose or jbl. the power of the V6 engine. seems like it takes no time to go from 55mph to 85 mph just passing someone who is driving a little too slow.

the ride quality of the vehicle could be improved seems like I can feel almost every tiny bump in the road it may be my tires but seeing as I have brand new tires I doubt that is the cause. also a rear arm rest would be a big plus although I don't ride in the back seat very often the option would still be nice to have.

horrible car
By adam1987

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

literally two weeks after buying the car the air conditioner went out, i live in Texas and bought the car in July rolling with out an AC was not an option. i also had the same problem as everyone else with the tie rods and the power steering cutting out. but the worst was when i started feeling my brakes locking up. i later found out it was due to the rubber in the caliper rotting and allowing break dust into my breaking system. i didn't have the money for a whole new brake system. so for the last year or so i owned the car i couldnt drive on the freeway. having your brakes lock up at 70mph is EFFING SCARY. im so much happier with my suzuki econo car. not as roomy but way more fun to drive.

Worst car ever (And I have had some real winners!)
By snowwhite24

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this 2006 Malibu LT in January of 2009 with about 60,000 miles on it. So far...front shocks replaced, crack in the intake manifold fixed, controller arms replaced, rear shocks replaced, new tires 3 times in 3 years, etc. Just last week, had head replaced and now they are saying it is actually a crack in the engine block. Car needs a whole new motor. The windshield buzzes because the cowel (sp?) piece is warped. It eats CD's and won't give them back. This car has been the bane of my existence for the last 3 years. I would never ever ever recommend anyone buy a Malibu. And GM just lost a repeat customer. I will never buy GM again. I have had enough.

There is nothing exceptionally special about this car except what a big pile of junk it turned out to be. I owned a Lumina prior to this and that was by far the best car I have ever owned. When did GM start making such horribly crappy cars?

Scrap it and start over.

Bye Bye GM - update
By chevylemon02

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Well, I finally got out from underneath this piece of junk, money pit!!!! I can no longer support "buy American" due to GM and their inadequate skills in producing a quality built vehicle not to mention their lack of customer service and not standing behind their warranties! Maybe this should be directed solely to the dealership in Rochester, NY on Ridge Rd and not GM as a whole but in any event their practices are shady at best and due to them, I will never, ever buy a GM vehicle again!! PS.......loving my new NISSAN ALTIMA!

After all is said and done.....the rear defroster is about the only thing on this car that I didn't have a problem with. It actually worked!

Stand behind your so called warranties and educate your employees on customer service.

great car
By vtfarmboy

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car used with about 20,000+ miles four years ago. I have been driving it daily ever since and other than a new set of tires had no problems what so ever. well almost. The gas tank sending unit was not working when i bought it. The dealer told me to set up a apointment to get it fixed i just never did it. That is not the cars fault. It drives nice and is comfortable for my commute. I live 45 miles from my work and it is quite good on gas. I average anywhere between 28 and 34 mpg with a V6 not bad if you ask me. It aint pretty, it isnt Hot but if you are looking for good dependable every day transportation that wont bleed you dry its just what you need!

trip computer, Good sound from the stereo,

It aint pretty could use a face lift.