2006 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
All bad rewiews correct steering
By Toyotafan on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car for my wife since her 1996 Ford Taurus was on its last leg. So we drove a used Malibu. Seemed great compared to what we had and a decent price. 1 month later the steering had a knock in it when you turned the wheel parked or at low speeds. Very common problem in many Chevy trucks as well. Dealer ship did a quick fix, and 2 months later it reappeared. Now if I want piece of mind for a real fix $500. Chevrolet has gone down hill with products over last 10 years. Do not buy this car unless you have no other choice. Great power from engine is only good quality about it.

Good car, but a pain
By malibultx06 on 04/12/10 15:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Well it does get 33 mpg, it is safe, runs great. Everyone fights to drive it the radio is good. The price was right, bought as a demo. Had a steering clunk had it fixed under warranty at 20k now at 48k having the same issue. The service notice is 06-02-32-007f. And if it hasn't happened to you just wait every Malibu owner has had the same issue and it cost $400.00 to fix and the service manger at my dealership said it last about 5k to 20k miles depending on driving habits.

nice car
By sj on 09/09/09 10:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

For the money this has been a great car. Bought with 6K miles and only a few issues that so far the dealer took care of. Tires did wear quickly but that's not cars fault. Gas mileage is excellent. At 35K miles now, we'll see how the next 30K go... Had considered Camry but got a fully loaded 6 cyl for almost half the price..

Powerfull car
By nbcar on 02/27/09 05:08 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car preform! Car can take anyone on the highway. awesome acceleration. comfortable and joy to drive.

Fastest Mid Size Car I Ever Drove
By steve,douglass on 08/13/07 22:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had the car a month. I love it. I like the handling, the style, the performance, and the quick pick up on the highway. And all the standard features which got me the most. It is a very sporty looking and very classy looking as well. The interior is very comfortable, more comfortablel than the Camry. For a 6 cyclinder car the gas mileage is not as bad as I thought it would be. Bottom line it's a great car and I highly recommend it.

Good value
By Dale on 09/28/06 13:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very comfortable car, particularly for its high gas mileage. The LTZ model is well equipped for the price. The LTZ trim gives life to an exterior styling that is rather ordinary.

Malibu LTZ
By Stinkiesx2 on 07/05/06 22:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded an '05 Escape for the '06 Malibu LTZ. I absolutely love it. I was worried about stepping down from an SUV but with more options at an affordable price and O% financing, you can't go wrong.

Gave American cars a shot
By tyler drew on 05/28/06 18:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, I am pleased with the vehicle except for the gas mileage. It is for me nowhere near the stated rating, however, I drive with a very heavy foot. The acceleration is nice for the size engine, and the LTZ package offers all the extras except for a moon roof (which I opted for). So far,(3 months) I have found the build quality to be acceptable and I haven't had any problems at all. My wife likes the car also, and among vehicles at a comparable price, I think it is a good choice. For me, the Altima, Camry and Maxima didn't do it for me with their interior design (dahboard, cluster arrangements). I figured American manufacturers will have to get their act together, so I gave them a shot.

Love it so far!
By L Reeve on 04/27/06 16:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had my car 10 days but I have to say, it rides like a dream. I have filled up my tank once and am already getting 23 mpg. in town with lots of stop and go. That is equal to the 4 cyl. car I traded in. Ride is quiet and smooth. Lots of compliments about the new body style and overall look of the car.

Good Value
By dew on 04/27/06 16:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Pros - lots of bells and whistles for the money. Cons - problems with interior fit. Replaced dash cowl because it warped within 2 days of ownership. A piller trim now separating with the hot sun.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.