Malibu LS
By Hegs on
2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I just hit 48,000 on my Malibu and I have been very happy. For a V6 200hp I get very good mileage. I have been averaging about 30 in the summer and 25 in the winter. Some of the people that are claiming better gas mileage than this are going off of the inboard computer and the numbers are skewed a bit. I actually use a calculator and check my mileage based on my travel. I have noticed the computer is off about 2-3 mpg most of the time. The ride in the car is very good and a lot better than I thought it would be. I would replace the factory tires if you can. They aren't that great. I have had no problems with the car other than replacing the rear brake pads.
Favorite Features
Other people don't seem to like it but I love the steering. It is so easy to turn. I also like the power that the car has. It is not too weak nor is it too strong. I also love the safety in this car. I have never felt safer. I have side and front airbags. The room in the car is also great.
Suggested Improvements
I didn't like the factory tires. I was hydroplaning all of the time. I replaced them with Goodyear Assurance and they work well. I really hate the interior. It is extremely hard to clean. You can't even vacuum up a hair it is that bad. I also don't like where the oil filter is.