2005 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: If not fun, then at least reli

2005 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

If not fun, then at least reliable
By Gary on

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car slightly used, a program car. The LS was the mid level car in 2005, and mine is loaded, 4 wheel disc brakes with ABS, traction control, etc. It goes down the road comfortably and quietly, and is a very nice ride. I like most everything on the car, with the exception of the electic power steering. This is a car that I can be comfortable in, even with the sunroof. I owned a 1998 Malibu earlier, and had nothing but problems with it. This redesigned Malibu, I'm hoping, will cure that bad taste left by my previous car. I think I'm going to enjoy my new Malibu. It appears to be well crafted, well put together, if not spectacular. It is a good, midsized, American car.

Lots of power from this 3.5L engine, and the remote start, traction control, and four wheel disc brakes are welcome in this class of car.

I don't like the electic power steering. It doesn't feel right to me. I'd prefer to see Chevy go back to hydraulic, or fine tune the electric so that it isn't as twitchy.