2005 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: Hi Ho Silver!

2005 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Hi Ho Silver!
By Silver on

2005 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

We looked at new cars and used, import, and domestic before buying our silver Malibu and haven't regretted it one second. It is a program car so we know that it's probably been driven hard and fast but it held up and is holding up. I believe mostly due to the maintenance required for program cars. There was water in the spare tire well when we bought it but the dealer had her cleaned up in a jif. The dealer thinks maybe the trunk gasket leaked while setting on the lot. We did have several inchs of rain. I've driven it once while raining and saw a cup of water in the trunk. I think it's from tire spray. It looks like GM put silicon on the joints of trunk floor where the tires are. We love our silver Malibu and will trade for another in a couple of years. Thanks GM for keeping us American!

We like the cruise control on the steering and the large trunk space. The radio is awesome too. The ecotec 4 is really really peppy! Smooth transmission too and power steering works great and improves the fuel economy.

A memory for the driver's seat positions would be good. I'm at one extreme and my wife another. Takes a few seconds to adjust. Wiper controls difficult to master but OK once you do.