First car
By Chris on
2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I bought this car used, and the main purpose is to get me from work and back. This is my first car, and after training in other vehicles I can say that I fit in this car very comfortably, more so than my folks old Cougar, my friend's new Solara, or the last Sentra I sat in. I've had other Chevy owners (mostly pickups) call it cute, and then look shocked when they see a 6'2" football build guy come out of it. The sound is great, everything works just fine. Passing cars in Upstate NY's hilly roads is an everyday thing so I love the V6 engine and the power behind it. The safety features (ABS, Traction Control, Multiple airbags, passive anti-theft, etc) assured the folks that I'd be just fine.
Favorite Features
Radio (and it's many different functions), Sunroof, power everything, Safety features (see above), fuel economy beats out other more recent cars, great feel to the car, simple and unique outer design, comfortable to drive.
Suggested Improvements
I know the compass addition has been said before (and that it's available in the Maxx) but it'd be nice. From what I've heard it doesn't take custom- burned CDs very well, unless there's a trick to it. The semi-manual transmission mode I saw on a friend's Mazda6 would have made a sweet addition here.