2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Our third Malibu
By larry tobias on 03/19/06 06:19 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is our third Malibu in a row we have leased. We like the car's styling, reliability, size , and comfort (although the front seats could use a little more support under the legs). The mileage is good overall (about 22mpg around town, but over 33 mpg on the highway. We like the car's little computer system it has on board, that tells you miles to go on the gas you have left, oil life indicator, dual trip milage counters, outside temp. and ice warning indicator. The trunk is very large. All in all we are very satified. We got a lot of car for $18,000 dollars, which translated to about $250 dollars a month for our lease, with zero down!

Great Road Car - 2005 Malibu
By Doug on 02/15/06 16:19 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am a big guy, 6'3" and 250 lbs. I love this car. I am on the road all the time (sales) and put tons of mileage on the car. Most of it is highway mileage. There is a lot of room in this car, far better than most of its competition. My head is nowhere near the roof! I love the adjustable pedals, when I am on the highway, I can stretch my legs all the way out, and my big feet fit behind the pedals. Very comfortable. Mucho power to pass on the highway. I too find the steering a little hard to get used to. I have figured out that if you wait longer into the turn before turning the wheel, it helps. I was used to a pickup, so this is different, but OK.

Best gas mileage in V6, has high torque
By steineri on 01/14/06 19:51 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great acceleration and gas mileage. Perhaps most importantly nowadays, it gets MUCH better gas mileage than it's competitors. The horsepower looks slightly lower than some other V-6 cars in its class but most other cars list their hp at really high rpm's (i.e. 6000+). The Malibu's 3.5 liter v-6 has a LOT more torque (which is what matters) than the engine's of its competitors. I literally get 38mpg on interstate trips with mostly flat driving when I drive conservatively.

If not fun, then at least reliable
By Gary on 01/13/06 17:53 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car slightly used, a program car. The LS was the mid level car in 2005, and mine is loaded, 4 wheel disc brakes with ABS, traction control, etc. It goes down the road comfortably and quietly, and is a very nice ride. I like most everything on the car, with the exception of the electic power steering. This is a car that I can be comfortable in, even with the sunroof. I owned a 1998 Malibu earlier, and had nothing but problems with it. This redesigned Malibu, I'm hoping, will cure that bad taste left by my previous car. I think I'm going to enjoy my new Malibu. It appears to be well crafted, well put together, if not spectacular. It is a good, midsized, American car.

Great Basic Commuter Car
By psece on 12/27/05 19:36 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Needed a safe mid-size car that got great mileage. Mostly used for commuting but will carry the family on the weekends. I have over 8,000 miles on it and it has never gotten under 27 mpg. My commute is 50/50 freeway/city streets so I am very happy with the mileage. It is a very quiet car and the 4 cylinder never has me wanting more. The chasis is very european in its ride qualities with a taunt ride. This car does everything that I need of it well.

Excellent Car... GM Finally Got it Right
By EDK on 12/24/05 14:23 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I had accumulated some GM credit card points. My last two cars were German VW cars, but after reading the safety reviews I decided to purchase a GM car. With almost seven months of riding this car I love it. In fact, when the lease is over I probably will replace it with another Malibu. The car is spacious on the inside, and is full of great accessories. I especially like the heated seats and the OnStar system.

Much improved from older models
By mike kercher on 12/23/05 19:38 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I traded in our 2002 Malibu and purchased a new 2005 Malibu. Overall it is much improved over the older model.The only thing we were dissapointed in was that the new model we purchased did not have ABS brakes and was a 4 cyl.

Bill's Malibu
By Bill Kramer on 12/20/05 02:10 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Love driving this car.Handles like a pro. I also love the automatic shift. The engine is fairly quiet and responds immediately.This 4-banger is above all my expectations. The interior design is unimaginative and looks like someones fishing car. The rear seat room is almost non-existant.I love the information panel and the radio exceeds most.Overall I would rate this car a 7.5 out of 10.

Great car
By MO on 12/17/05 21:35 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Thus far, the Mailbu LT has been a reliable car, making frequent trips up and down the coast of California, and the computer system has been essential in knowing the condition of the engine and the history of the car.

Great Choice
By Name on 12/09/05 12:00 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. I am a librarian and put hours of research into the choice of this car. The fact that it recently got top safety ratings just confirms that the research was worth it. I often drive a family member's Accord, and the interior and driving feel of this car are vastly superior. People are reluctant to say it's better than Camry and Accord due to their long reputation of excellence, but from what I've seen they are slipping and the Malibu is a much better choice.