2005 Chevrolet Malibu 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 2005 Mailibu Maxx Best Car

2005 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

2005 Mailibu Maxx Best Car Ever!
By Paul on

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Three years of great driving and lots of power with v-6 engine. Had no problems during warranty period. However, recently noticed a noise in the steering. Car is now 3 months out of warranty and dealer called GM for me and they replaced steering column paying 75% of total cost. I was happy with this gesture from GM. I was out $150 on the total cost of repair. Car has been great in snow and ice. I got 4 studless snow tires and wheels from Tire Rack.com and it is rock solid in bad weather conditions in Idaho.

Favorite Features

Hatchback feature allows room for skis, bicycle and tons of stuff with rear seats down. V-6 that averages 28+ mpg on road at high speeds. Suspension great on mountain roads and switchbacks. I have had five 6' adults seated in this car no problem

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the Maxx! Everyone who sees the cars asks about it. I was surprised to have the steering problem with less than 30K miles on the car. GM was generous with the fix cost. Perhaps they have resolved this issue with newer models of the Malibu.