Used 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

2005 Chevy Malibu
By Hokie

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my new Malibu 2 months. After driving a pick-up for years I would say I am very pleased with my purchase. The car has excellent pick up when needed and a very smooth ride. The gas mileage has been great. So far 26 to 28 in the city and up to 36 on the highway (65 to 75mph)

Love the auto start and the XM radio. Leg room is ok.

Any improvement to the exterior trim would help.

Excellent car/value! Ex Accord owner
By TomT

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My last car was an Honda Accord which was a very good car, but too much scheduled maintenance/expensive to get repaired. Looked and drove Malibu LS and I was sold and very glad I went with it (saved some cash too!). Just turned over 10k miles today and ZERO problems/issues. Car is solid and I cannot beleive the gas mileage for a 200hp 6-cyl (ave 28.8 miles per gallon city/highway. The good old USA is back! I was very skeptical at first moving back to American cars again, but I should not be. With what is going on in the world today, I'm very proud to say I have an American owned companies car! GM keep up the great work! You now have my support!

The car is extremely quiet and rides and drives very smooth. Very solid feel. My wife likes the adjustable gas/brake pedals. Oh I did almost forget the gas mileage is great for the size/comfort of car.

The only improvement would be more support from the seat and make them a little more firm otherwise that is all I can think of.

I love My Chevy Malibu!
By Jean Hawkins

2005 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my first Chevy two weeks ago. I had Toyotas for about 20 years and then I had a Ford Ranger truck. My truck got rear ended and was in the shop. I got a rental and it happened to be a Chevy Malibu. I had it for about a week and fell in love with it. At the same time Chevy had the employee discount price going on so I decided to see if I could get one. I also got the choice of a $2000 rebate or 0% financing so I chose the 0% financing. I am thrilled with my new car.

I love the info system. It gives the weather outside, radio station info, average miles to the gallon, average speed and much, much more!

This car will suprise you!
By plattsfire1

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for a vehicle that got better gas mileage than my old Ranger, and ended up with so much more. This car has a great interior with very comfortable seats. It handles great on the road, but the electronic power steering is almost too good. You have to pay extra attention to avoid accidental drift. The extra amenities that come standard are incredible. I'm 6'4", so the power adjustable pedals and telescoping steering wheel are GREAT. And I was absolutely shocked at the acceleration. When you put your foot down, this car goes. And when other cars tend to whine out, this car just keeps going. So fast in fact, that when accelerating out of turns you must really be on your toes.

Great interior styling, great "european" feel when driving, fantastic gas mileage, and great acceleration.

Steering is almost too good, it's too easy to overdo it at highway speed. And such a plain Jane exterior, when there's so much under the hood.

2005 Malibu LT
By Todd

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used. Great car; haven't had any problems. Pick up is great. Feels more powerful than 200hp. Brakes feel strong with no fade and are easy to modulate. Steering is nice with little effort needed for parking lot speeds and tightens nicely as you pick up MPH. Handling is okay for a sedan. There is some body roll on faster turns but the car feels solid and I haven't heard any noises from the car that there shouldn't be. Needs better tires! It's not a sports car but it would handle better without any squealing if there was better rubber; however, the tires are good for absorbing rougher roads. Suspension helps isolate really well and the seats are comfortable. I definitely recommend it.

Tilt & telescoping steering wheel Data information center Transmission and power; can't believe only 200hp Gas mileage.. have been averaging 26.1 city and around 30.8 highway; it's a V6 sedan... not bad at all Build quality seems good, interior materials feel better than what GM has used before

Seating positions seem limited More interior passenger room A piston type hinge for the trunk would be nice Better tires! Higher performance rubber please! I don't care if it's a sedan. Other than that... it's a very nice car.