Used 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

New for me!
By Patrick Nichols

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Malibu for 4 months and drive many miles. The vehicle has impressed me with its smooth accelleration, quick handeling and good response.

The sound system, rocks!

The front seats. Could be a bit wider and made alittle bit better.

Better Than 2000 Model
By mpt654

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Better than my 2000 LS. Engine power superior, body design more pricey looking. Ride is solid, brakes and steering solid. Great buy at discount rate with many god standard features. 16 inch wheels a plus and must. I'd recommend this car in the LS or LT versions. Driver visor mirror lid broke, redesign in the works, still waiting.

Engine power excellent, transmission solid. Roomy interior, exterior body design and lines nice. Remote start and auto climate controls are great. Adjustable brake and gas pedals are terrific.

The only complaint I have is the lack of a "traditional" tilt steering wheel. The current design makes it tight getting in and out as my legs don't have clearance between the wheel and seat unless I drop the seat to the floor. OK for my wife but a terrible flaw for me. Once in the car I enjoy it.

'05 Malibu LS sedan
By tarheelman

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I considered this car and the '05 Camry LE. GM's employee pricing promotion and the Malibu's excellent ride & handling balance ended up being the deciding factors because the two cars were a wash in areas like assembly quality, interior comfort, materials quality, quietness, and styling. The Camry has a slight edge in trunk room and rear seat legroom, but not enough of one to justify the price difference. Overall, the Malibu is a comfortable, fun to drive sedan with materials and assembly quality equal to that of the Camry. Also, so far (with 2600 miles on the odometer), it has been trouble- free. If you're shopping the Camry, shop the Malibu, too. It might surprise you---it did me.

Driver information center, remote start, lighted power window & door lock switches, lighted cruise control switches on the steering wheel, standard 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS, front seat side airbags, side head curtain airbags, plentiful interior storage space, excellent ride & handling balance

Enough rear seat legroom to comfortably accomodate people over 6 feet tall whenever tall people are in the front seats

2005 Chevy Malibu
By Hokie

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my new Malibu 2 months. After driving a pick-up for years I would say I am very pleased with my purchase. The car has excellent pick up when needed and a very smooth ride. The gas mileage has been great. So far 26 to 28 in the city and up to 36 on the highway (65 to 75mph)

Love the auto start and the XM radio. Leg room is ok.

Any improvement to the exterior trim would help.

Excellent car/value! Ex Accord owner
By TomT

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My last car was an Honda Accord which was a very good car, but too much scheduled maintenance/expensive to get repaired. Looked and drove Malibu LS and I was sold and very glad I went with it (saved some cash too!). Just turned over 10k miles today and ZERO problems/issues. Car is solid and I cannot beleive the gas mileage for a 200hp 6-cyl (ave 28.8 miles per gallon city/highway. The good old USA is back! I was very skeptical at first moving back to American cars again, but I should not be. With what is going on in the world today, I'm very proud to say I have an American owned companies car! GM keep up the great work! You now have my support!

The car is extremely quiet and rides and drives very smooth. Very solid feel. My wife likes the adjustable gas/brake pedals. Oh I did almost forget the gas mileage is great for the size/comfort of car.

The only improvement would be more support from the seat and make them a little more firm otherwise that is all I can think of.