Used 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews - 174 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Great car
By MO

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Thus far, the Mailbu LT has been a reliable car, making frequent trips up and down the coast of California, and the computer system has been essential in knowing the condition of the engine and the history of the car.

The sun roof, six cd changer, great sound system, sporty style, great gas mileage

Great Choice
By Name

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. I am a librarian and put hours of research into the choice of this car. The fact that it recently got top safety ratings just confirms that the research was worth it. I often drive a family member's Accord, and the interior and driving feel of this car are vastly superior. People are reluctant to say it's better than Camry and Accord due to their long reputation of excellence, but from what I've seen they are slipping and the Malibu is a much better choice.

I like the simple interior - it's easy to understand. I like the easy driving feel. I love the safety features. Adjusable gas and brake pedals are a nice touch.

Publicize it more. It really is superior and it bothers me to see CNN call it "nobody's idea of a great car". This is ridiculous. It's exactly what you want in a family car, easy drive, comfortable, sturdy interior and very safe.

Nice Reliable Car
By Tyler

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my Malibu August of 05. I have been driving it ever day since I bought it and I am loving it. I am suprised by the amount of powe the 4cyl has. I am a college student and the with the MPG is awsome. I have take several trips with the car and have never had a problem. Passing cars is no problem with the 4cyl.

I love the info system. I like how you can tell how you drive by watching you MPG, The steering is great.Power windows and locks on base model, LOVE IT

More variety with colors for interior of car,4cyl needs to come with ABS breaks standard. Loosen up the shocks a little.

Completely satisfied
By Tom

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned the 2005 Malibu for about 6 months and have 9000 miles on it. The ride is very smooth and comfortable. The engine is quiet and very powerful with great acceleration. I'm get 29MPG in overall driving with some highway and some stop and go traffic.

Sunroof, ergonomics, lumbar support, HUGE trunk, gas mileage, gas mileage, gas mileage...

The rubber bottoms for the cupholders are always coming out when I remove a cup or bottle. Many times I've walked into work with my coffee and the cup holder attached to it.

New for me!
By Patrick Nichols

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Malibu for 4 months and drive many miles. The vehicle has impressed me with its smooth accelleration, quick handeling and good response.

The sound system, rocks!

The front seats. Could be a bit wider and made alittle bit better.