2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Mediocre at best
By John Anders on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with the intention of putting alot of miles on it. Its looks are great and i never fail to get stares. However the build quality is not good. I have sveral dash rattles and my air conditioning occasionally quits working. My shifter is loose and rattles over the smallest potholes. The gas mileage is great. I have no problems hanging with mustang gt's.

Malibu Driving Experience
By John Cipollone on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

A truly fun car to drive. All interior controls in close proximity to the driver. On one 400 mile trip with AC used sparingly, the car averaged 38 mpg. There is plenty of cargo space. Air conditioning with outside air at 93 degrees on maximum brought in 40 degree air easily cooling off the car. A great car .

Chevy Malibu Base Model
By Wildbill1 on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Car performs well, the four clyinder engine performs as well as the V6 engine. Fuel economy is excellent. The front seat area is slightly smaller than previous model years, also the back seat is smaller. Added features such as info is nice to have. Overall the car is excellent. The new design is great and looks great.

One problem
By Frjohn on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I like the car but the power steering was a great problem. The steering wheel would move on its own (pulsating) and locked up on two occasions. The entire steering column had to be replaced. I was very disappointed in getting the car fixed. parts were not available and it took 10 days to get the car out of the service department. Pretty good car -- terrible service makes for an unhappy owner.

MAXX
By jackqaone on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I drive the malibu MAXX LT, a well constructed and appointed car..lots of room, mileage is good ( better than my Honda), and the power is more than adequate...the car is one of GM's gems and should set the standard for midsize sedans with a hatchback all at a cost far below the Japanese cars.

Small Car with a Big Ride
By J.R. Williams on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am a Big Guy and I drive a Chevy Silerado, and the Family car is the Malibu. I was very suprised at the amount of room in the car. It fits me like a glove and can that Malibu move down the road. The ride is superb for a mid size and it handles well. The electric steering is very sensitive, requiring little effort. My wife and teenage daughter love the look and the way it drives also. We drove it on vacation and averaged 28 mpg on the interstate,mountains, and city. We drove the speed limit and then some. The only complaint is that the interior could use a little upgrade to make it more asthetically pleasing. Over all a wonderful vechile

the new malibu is great
By alex0715 on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

the new malibu is far better then the old one.it more fun to drive and it handle 100%better then the old one.

Great Car
By SPCfromAZ on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Malibu is a great sedan for comfortable and economical transportation. The engine is a real world work horse that has good torque and all the pick up you need. There's no apparent performance degradation when pulling the AC and it can climb the steepest hills without having to drop gears and run the engine hard. Runs on regular unleaded with no performance loss. Gas mileage is great. On an all freeway trip driving 1,499 mi from WA to AZ I used 43.8 gallons of gas for 34.2 mpg. Average speed on the info readout was 69 mph, on the highway I usually had the cruise set at 76mph.

Poor Quality
By chriskobesko on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I leased this car in April of 2004. I really like its looks however the build quality is hoorible. I have 5200 miles and I have had the heater stop working for 2 days, the temp gauge works when it wants to, and I have heard loud sporadic valve noise on occasions. I have more interior rattles tahn my 1990 towncar had-many more. It is usally hard starting especially when hot. _ Keep in mind this car has 5200 miles.

Happy Camper in Black
By nickand25 on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Nice car worth your money.