Used 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Nice Reliable Car
By Tyler

2005 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my Malibu August of 05. I have been driving it ever day since I bought it and I am loving it. I am suprised by the amount of powe the 4cyl has. I am a college student and the with the MPG is awsome. I have take several trips with the car and have never had a problem. Passing cars is no problem with the 4cyl.

I love the info system. I like how you can tell how you drive by watching you MPG, The steering is great.Power windows and locks on base model, LOVE IT

More variety with colors for interior of car,4cyl needs to come with ABS breaks standard. Loosen up the shocks a little.

Completely satisfied
By Tom

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned the 2005 Malibu for about 6 months and have 9000 miles on it. The ride is very smooth and comfortable. The engine is quiet and very powerful with great acceleration. I'm get 29MPG in overall driving with some highway and some stop and go traffic.

Sunroof, ergonomics, lumbar support, HUGE trunk, gas mileage, gas mileage, gas mileage...

The rubber bottoms for the cupholders are always coming out when I remove a cup or bottle. Many times I've walked into work with my coffee and the cup holder attached to it.

New for me!
By Patrick Nichols

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Malibu for 4 months and drive many miles. The vehicle has impressed me with its smooth accelleration, quick handeling and good response.

The sound system, rocks!

The front seats. Could be a bit wider and made alittle bit better.

Better Than 2000 Model
By mpt654

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Better than my 2000 LS. Engine power superior, body design more pricey looking. Ride is solid, brakes and steering solid. Great buy at discount rate with many god standard features. 16 inch wheels a plus and must. I'd recommend this car in the LS or LT versions. Driver visor mirror lid broke, redesign in the works, still waiting.

Engine power excellent, transmission solid. Roomy interior, exterior body design and lines nice. Remote start and auto climate controls are great. Adjustable brake and gas pedals are terrific.

The only complaint I have is the lack of a "traditional" tilt steering wheel. The current design makes it tight getting in and out as my legs don't have clearance between the wheel and seat unless I drop the seat to the floor. OK for my wife but a terrible flaw for me. Once in the car I enjoy it.

'05 Malibu LS sedan
By tarheelman

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I considered this car and the '05 Camry LE. GM's employee pricing promotion and the Malibu's excellent ride & handling balance ended up being the deciding factors because the two cars were a wash in areas like assembly quality, interior comfort, materials quality, quietness, and styling. The Camry has a slight edge in trunk room and rear seat legroom, but not enough of one to justify the price difference. Overall, the Malibu is a comfortable, fun to drive sedan with materials and assembly quality equal to that of the Camry. Also, so far (with 2600 miles on the odometer), it has been trouble- free. If you're shopping the Camry, shop the Malibu, too. It might surprise you---it did me.

Driver information center, remote start, lighted power window & door lock switches, lighted cruise control switches on the steering wheel, standard 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS, front seat side airbags, side head curtain airbags, plentiful interior storage space, excellent ride & handling balance

Enough rear seat legroom to comfortably accomodate people over 6 feet tall whenever tall people are in the front seats