2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
outstanding auto vs cost
By r. fields on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I compare this auto to my 55 chev 2dr ht in size,performance,appearance both interior and exterior. could not be more pleased. ideal car for the wife also.

Spongebob
By Citricacidcycle on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was given this car as a rental while my trusty VW Golf was in the shop. This Chevy drives like a wet sponge. The steering wheel turns as lightly as a phone dial, but the way you turn it doesn't have much in common with the direction the car will go. Turn the wheel a bit to the side and the car will stoically go straight. According to the manual it comes with a 200hp V6 engine. Those 200 horses have been hidden well. When driving off from a red light the 90hp Golf Diesel feels livelier (and it gets you almost twice as far on one tankload). In terms of design, be informed that what looks like cheap plastic is cheap plastic indeed. The engineers must have slept soundly the past decade.

2 MONTH CRITIQUE OF MY MALIBU
By john HOPKINS on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had the car since late July. The car is comfortabe on long road trips and the highway fuel economy is great (33-35 mpg on regular gas). Initial overall quality has been exellent. The new 3.5L V6 engine is very responsive.

Problems, problems, problems
By nadlem1 on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

4 steering colums,3 brake jobs , 1 muffler and 1 electric mirror Is the summary of the problems I had to live with during the last 8 months.

Good buy.
By cwayne on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After driving this car for a couple weeks I feel the car is considerably under rated by the editors. Drives great, overall quiet smooth operation, brakes have excellent feel and action. The car makes driving fun again. The entire car has the quality and feel of a higher priced vehicle. A joy to drive.

My Awesone NEW Car!!!
By Zse'Reca Humphries on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My experience with this vehicle is that it is pretty darn awesome. My parents resently purchased one for me and so far I am still being amazed by this car.

Malibu Maxx
By speedracer24 on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Leased it a month ago. What a great car. High quality, lots of features, very affordable.

You Gotta Have This
By BJRobertsCA on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is more than you can want. I was very impressed with the remake of this model in the 2004 year. The ride is very comfortable and the interior is very user friendly. I'm glad I bought this car.

New Chevrolet Malibu LT
By t34 pilot on 09/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is great - the seats are beautiful. Fuel economy for the power is better than my 4cyl - especially on the highway! Took a while, but now I really like the look of the car. Mine is white w/neutral leather interior. Nice! Problems are lots of little rattles which drive me nuts. Wish the car had more "status". Starting to see some base models as rental. Chev should only use the "Classic" as rentals to elevate this model's status. Overall an extremely good value, content & performance, & reliability for the buck!

Fabulous!
By jrsfan8 on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I researched this car for what seemed like years and my homework paid off. We love our Malibu, Stella. She is fun to drive, she turns heads, she is fast and easy to steer. I would recommend doing your shopping online and getting financing somewhere else. It saves so much hassle, even though you have to say no a million times to the sales guy and the closer. You can get a much better deal this way though and it's fun to watch them squirm.