Used 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Excellent Car... GM Finally Got it Right
By EDK

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I had accumulated some GM credit card points. My last two cars were German VW cars, but after reading the safety reviews I decided to purchase a GM car. With almost seven months of riding this car I love it. In fact, when the lease is over I probably will replace it with another Malibu. The car is spacious on the inside, and is full of great accessories. I especially like the heated seats and the OnStar system.

Heated seats, automated head lights and the OnStar system

Compass on the mirror would be a good addition. Full size spare tire would also be appreciated.

Much improved from older models
By mike kercher

2005 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I traded in our 2002 Malibu and purchased a new 2005 Malibu. Overall it is much improved over the older model.The only thing we were dissapointed in was that the new model we purchased did not have ABS brakes and was a 4 cyl.

Speed senstive steering

Have ABS a standard feature

Bill's Malibu
By Bill Kramer

2005 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Love driving this car.Handles like a pro. I also love the automatic shift. The engine is fairly quiet and responds immediately.This 4-banger is above all my expectations. The interior design is unimaginative and looks like someones fishing car. The rear seat room is almost non-existant.I love the information panel and the radio exceeds most.Overall I would rate this car a 7.5 out of 10.

4 speed auto shift. Response to acceleration. The information panel.

Make it a true mid-sized car and put some room in the back seat for passengers. Use some imagination on the interior. Needs a real boost here.

Great car
By MO

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Thus far, the Mailbu LT has been a reliable car, making frequent trips up and down the coast of California, and the computer system has been essential in knowing the condition of the engine and the history of the car.

The sun roof, six cd changer, great sound system, sporty style, great gas mileage

Great Choice
By Name

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. I am a librarian and put hours of research into the choice of this car. The fact that it recently got top safety ratings just confirms that the research was worth it. I often drive a family member's Accord, and the interior and driving feel of this car are vastly superior. People are reluctant to say it's better than Camry and Accord due to their long reputation of excellence, but from what I've seen they are slipping and the Malibu is a much better choice.

I like the simple interior - it's easy to understand. I like the easy driving feel. I love the safety features. Adjusable gas and brake pedals are a nice touch.

Publicize it more. It really is superior and it bothers me to see CNN call it "nobody's idea of a great car". This is ridiculous. It's exactly what you want in a family car, easy drive, comfortable, sturdy interior and very safe.