2005 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
BEST BUY
By T on 01/20/05 01:43 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am thrilled that for less then 25k I bought a mid-size sedan that both my husband and I are comfortable in. Finally a vehicle designed for someone short. I am just barely over 5 feet and every other car I have ever owned I can not help but sit dangerously close to the steering wheel. In my last car there was less then 6 in. between myself and the steering wheel. The Malibu has the adjustable pedals and telescoping steering wheel, allowing me to sit at an arms length from the steering wheel. My husband is 6 foot and it fits him as well. Finally an affordable car for those of us not average.

2 thumbs up
By paul on 01/13/05 22:49 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Recently bought the 2005 LT model. The car is excellent, smooth on the road, lots of interior space and is fun to drive. In the short time I've had it I'm getting about 26 mpg city and 31.7 highway. Prior to buying, I had read reviews giving the car high ratings, and reviews saying the car is so-so, and that Honda (Accord) and Toyota (Camry) have nothing to worry about when compared to the Malibu. All I can say that after comparing all three and now owning the Malibu, the Malibu can easily hold its own against the Accord & Camry.

Losing the Battle against Europe
By wookiee on 01/11/05 14:34 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car was marketed to me as a European design with European type quality. After owning several German cars and being quite satified, I was a bit hesitant buying a Chevy. However, I got a GM discount & solid rebates which sweetened the deal considerably. I pulled the trigger on the Malibu and now have buyer's remorse. I should have went with my gut. The car is subpar when compared to it's foreign peers. Average quality at best. I've had the car in 3 times for brake problems. The dealer finally replaced all four assemblies. Bottom Line: the car is ok if you get a discounted deal.

A step up for a first time buyer
By Missy on 01/06/05 13:44 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My last car was a Pontiac Grand Am so I made a conscious decision to buy a more powerful car and I definitely got it! As a recent college graduate, this car is decidedly more grown-up without having the stuffiness of it's larger counterpart, the Chevy Impala. Good stereo, comfy seats, and ample leg room make this a good choice. I usually get 22-25 mpg with city driving.

Absolute best car I have ever owned
By Walt on 01/04/05 21:06 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Can't belive how much you get for the price. Quiet smooth ride with great luxury features. Excellent power with great gas mileage.Beautiful design with plenty of room. Can't think of anything that would improve this car.

2004 Malibu LT 4-door sedan
By Robert Yelinek on 01/02/05 12:01 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Original automatic transmission was bad. GM replaced with a 5 year warranty. No other complaints. If you live in a cold climate, remote start is a dream, clearing windows and warming car in 4-5 minutes. Plenty of interior space, lots of zip, good economy Would buy again. With incentives, a great auto for under $21,000

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS
By Tony on 12/28/04 14:55 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So far (I've only had the car for five weeks and 1100 miles) this car is great. It's very quiet and smooth. Interior comfort is great due to the power seat; adjustable pedals; telescoping and tilting wheel (with all those features there's no way not to find a comfortable position). Fuel economy for a 3000+ lb sedan is great (I average about 27.3 mpg overall). The only thing I think could be changed is the gas pedal. To me, it feels like you have to push it down a little too much before it throttles up. There's plenty of power after you do, but it feels like it could use some adjusting. Overall, my wife and I enjoy the car a great deal. You can feel the touch of a Saab in the drive.

Great value car
By GlennS on 12/22/04 09:38 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have a long commute to work so I wanted something economical, safe, comfortable, quiet and with some spunk. I also wanted something with enough space to offer some versatility for longer road trips and for hauling people and things around. This car has all this and for thousands less than a comparably equipped Accord, Camry or Maxima. The only thing that Chev should really try to improve is the front suspension. It's not bad but it does not feel as solid as with many of the competitive models. Overall, a great value for a mid-sized car.

Great
By rafa on 12/19/04 11:52 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

very good car I love it everyone super super vehicle please buy one of this i have one

Malibu LS Sedan
By GUS on 12/11/04 11:04 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Interstate speed is excellent, well over 30 mpg. Very maneuverable and easy to drive as an around town car. Also, comfortable to drive at highway speed. Surprised to find that mileage at 75 mph very little less than at 55 mph. Comfortable leather upholstery and heated seats are appreciated.