Used 2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

I would never buy this car again
By badluck5

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I purchased this car in 2007 I was happy because It looked prtty good. But after a few months past that's when the problems started. First it was the linement which I'm still working on getting it corrected. I;ve had this problem for years I don't know what it feels like driving a car that has good linement. I can't check my trans fulids I have to go to the dealership which I know will charge me a arm and a leg. Now my engine is shaking when I put the car in P or D. That started when I changed the air filter. the list goes on and on.. I hate this car..

Suggested Improvements

Everything

Worst car I owned
By najju12

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I don't know what people see in this car, but it is the worst car I have ever owned in my life. Family always told me to stick with toyota camry or Honda Accord, I wanted something different, and boy did I made the biggest mistake of my life. A hollow car with very bad steering and tie rod ends breaking every 10 to 20k miles. It's started to rust and good luck if you want to do some extra mods on this vehicle because it will make sure to either use stock products or it will make you pay arm and leg to drive around again. GM should be shamed of themselves and I will NEVER, EVER BUYING A GM FOR SURE. And anyone who want to take chances, good luck with disappointment. You've been warned.

Suggested Improvements

Handling, Suspension, brakes, acceleration, and most importantly, starting. Stupid thing does not start most of the times unless I hit the gas pedal and I don't have a check engine sign on. No GM dealer or any other mechanic have answer to this.

Good Car LS V6
By mwilliams9

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

two yaers done me good so far But if it's hard to start when hot hit the gas while cranking if it don't twince. My radio just went out got A Refurbished for $185 works good now. the staring wheel got tight once coming out one tight parking space. I put in park and hit gas a littie never had that proplem agan. My wife share this car drop me off and go home and go to work and pick me up 60 miles a day alway ready to go.

Favorite Features

Remoate Start

Suggested Improvements

The remoate brake's eazy need a scew in it to hold it togather all ready on therd one. I Keyless.com got good ones.

286,000 miles and still going
By ramarado

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Most inexpensive car I've ever owned. Absolutely no unexpected issues. Normal brake and tire wear about 80k miles each, 1 set of spark plugs, 1 belt, 2 tie rod ends and 1 battery. I've used Mobile 1 and change oil at 9k, and had the trans. serviced twice. As you've guessed I drive for my job a lot, and I don't baby it. V-6 Fuel mileage averages about 34 highway, 28 overall. Would consider a trade but afraid I can't find a more dependable car.

Favorite Features

Reliability, fuel mileage, peppy.

Suggested Improvements

none really

Had for 3 years - Great car
By Garry D

2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I see a lot of the negative reviews, and the only things I agree with are the ease at which the cloth seats stain and the lamps burning out. Apart from these two issues I have put about 70K miles on the vehicle and no issues. Car runs smooth and has pep as a result of the V6. Fuel economy is great and while the looks are now a little outdated I am happy enough.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage, power and reliability

Suggested Improvements

Ugly seat stains that won't come out.