2004 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: Great car

2004 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

LS Sedan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Great car
By sigmachi152 on

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my malibu new back in 2004 and so i've had it for nearly 9 years and has a little over 98K miles on it. I bought it because it was one of the better cars that had great mpg's at the time. Overall it has been a pretty reliable car. I read that several people had to change the light bulbs on it numerous times. This is the only issue i've had with mine as well. I think I have had to replace the same bulb about 6 times in 9 years. Its a random annoyance but beats most other issues you can have with a car. I just replaced the spark plugs this weekend since it is close to 100K....6 iridium plugs and cables cost just under $80.

23 city and 33-35 on the highway. At nearly 100K routine maintenance is fairly inexpensive.

The first month i had the car both plastic vanity mirror covers broke off in my hand. Not covered under warranty and dealer wanted $75 each to replace them....$75 for a piece of plastic...really?!?!?! Other than that the car has been great. No major issues at all with the car.