2004 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: Fabric on Doors Peeling/ seat

2004 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

LT Sedan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Fabric on Doors Peeling/ seat is malfunctioning
By kgwcoffee on

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my chevy for almost 6 years. The Drivers seat has broken won't sit straight and moves around. This which I feel is dangerous, will cost 1000.00 to fix. CHEVY DOES NOT COVER THIS DEFECT. The panel door trim fabric is peeling off because the glue and fabric has broke down and fabric was cut to small and has shrunk. This will cost 700 for the 2 front and 150 to patch-450 to replace the rear/ chevy does not make anymore by the way. This is a popular model of car. Why do they not make them anymore? Could the glue be defective? CHEVY DOES NOT COVER THIS DEFECT and colision places wont patch they will only replace because the doors are PAPER so odds are any new glue will not stick

Favorite Features

It has been a great car 8 years old and 74,000 miles on it it has had very little problems other than what I've mentioned that you wouldn't expect on any vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Had to replace fobs because they break when you try to change the battery- although they are very costly to replace and the dealer has to program for extra expense - I called chevy about the problem with the seat and interior the nice customer service person repeated not their problem the car is 8 years old, I fear this will be my last CHEVY.