Used 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Love my boo
By Aleshea

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am pleasantly surprised to have an affordable, reliable, American made car. My family of four drove on a long 1000 mile road trip in the Malibu. We got great gas mileage (33 mpg) and we were very comfortable. I love driving this car and found the price very reasonable. It was an easy choice!

Favorite Features

The best feature is driving the car. It drives really nice and smooth. The gas mileage is awesome.

Suggested Improvements

I really don't like the interior cloth. It seems to get dirty faster than any other cloth I've ever had. I just have to be very careful with the kids! Get leather if you have kids.

An Accord V6 for $5500 less
By sunsete

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is bigger than it looks. Steering is silky smooth and silent. Good pickup when needed and excellent milage when driven prudently (36mpg city 44mpg hwy). Interior is built better than my office desk for bins clips and tables. Beautiful car I think; much better than all the other triangles and jellybeans running around out there. Headlights are outstanding, really light up the road ahead.

Favorite Features

Tailend is best looking feature. Steering is best feeling feature. Gas mileage is great. Four seprate headlight bulbs allow other drivers to know when you have on brights.

Suggested Improvements

Cutoff plane for headlights is a bit sharp vertically, road wallops make oncoming traffic think I am flashing my lights at them.

2004 Malibu LT
By dstracker

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Easy to handle, and a pleasure to drive. Close the windows, crank up the CD volume, and life in traffic isn't so bad.

Favorite Features

Driver Information Center. Rearview mirror dimmer, heated sideview mirrors, heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Deeper seats, better access to foglights switch

By ssful

2004 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I've been most pleased with my 2004 Malibu. It suits my needs, safely getting me to the grocery store, and not breaking the bank on providing transportation. I feel this is an excellent choice for a student driver, or small family, or elderly person who is not looking for all the bells and whistles, but reliable transportation with the safety of a midsize. I extensively shopped, and only the Malibu and Galant were priced within my range .I purchased a demo with low mileage fully equipped, with two years of remaining warranty and paid under $10k. My only complaint is the seat adjustment handle is of such inferior plastic, I fear that it will break off every time I have to readjust.

Favorite Features

Price, remote keyless entry, roominess, trunk space

Suggested Improvements

Upgraded plastic, height adjustment of driver seat, remove head rest for driver's seat to accomodate shorter driver

More bang for your buck
By Brent Young

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I are, or were, hardcore SUV owners until we saw and drove the newly designed Malibu. The price tag was a big hit as well. I would have expected to pay much more money for all the luxury. The car is far superior in the quiet department as well, and rides as well as a larger wheel based auto. I am a big guy, and the car is suprisingly roomy. Our best mileage yet as been just over 27 mpg, but that was only on a two hour turn around trip. I believe the car will do better on the long haul. Simply put, the car has really exceeded my expectations.

Favorite Features

Once you become acquainted with the accessories in the steering wheel, cruise, radio, etc., and around the instrument panel, the car is a breeze to use in traffic. The trunk is huge too.

Suggested Improvements

Power to the passenger seat.