2004 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Great Malibu!
By kmaurer on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for one month. It keeps impressing me. I especially like the fuel-efficient V6 that works well with the 4-speed automatic. The ride is perfect, not too jittery, but at the same time not too soft. The interior has excellent build quality, and I don't think a Chevrolet has had such a high-quality interior.

stallouts
By pass road on 08/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Purchase vehicle with 49 miles on it and at 124 miles i experience a total lost of electrical power. the car was return to dealer not only ones but twice for a total 13 days of shop repairs in 33 days of ownership. This problem continued and the car is parked and in arbitration with 710 miles on it.

Well worth the price.
By fighter0410 on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Had my Malibu for about a month and a half now. Very happy with it. Only two minor things wrong with interior trim pieces and squeaky breaks that were fixed by the dealer. I would recommend this care to anyone looking at a Camry or Accord but wanting to buy an American car instead. I traded in a Nissan for this car, and I can say the build quality is exceptional. I'm satified in many ways, most by the price and feature content, and also by the cars driving dynamics and road manners. Very smooth ride.

chevrolet malibu
By brjoe on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Nice car,I traded in a 98 camry. I have not owned an american car since 1982. I must say, so far, I have 12000 trouble free miles on this malibu LT v6, and it is great. I highly recommend this vehicle. I looked at a camry, taurus, altima, and passat. The malibu had my favorite interior, and the best motor. It felt as fast as an altima but runs on regular gas. At first I got around 24 mpg, but after a good run-in, I have been getting around 29-30 mpg mostly highway. Build quality seems much better than what I have come to expect in an american car and way better than the taurus and altima I looked at.

I just got it ,but i like it
By GiovanniPR on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Malibu. I was afraid to buy it and was recommended for the Honda Accord or Camry. But money and expenses in reparing stoped me and Idecided for this third option. I liked it. I hope he will do its best. I like the confort and speed compared to Camry. Nice accelaration, excellent aair conditioning,radio and CD player. Imponenet presence, mor elegant if you are in business than the Accord. It is smooth and very quiet.

Hope I made the right chioce
By mekr on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a Malibu LS and have owned it a week and I'm off to a rocky start. When driving on the highway for the first time at about 50-55 mph I pressed the brake pedal and felt a slight pulsing and rumble in the pedal.The dealer fixed the problem by rounding the roters. Second brake problem a week later was a loud thumbing sound toward the end of a brake. Brought it back to the dealer and hope they fixed it by removing rust on the diameter. What is rust doing on a new car. I also discovered that after washing the car for the first time, the roters turned a rust color.

Consider over an import
By stevfonso on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

For value, quality, performance and standard features in this price range this Malibu really stand out!

Good Start So Far
By BossHoss on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I would have never considered a Chevrolet car before this purchase. So far we are not dissapointed. With the rebate and supplier discount the value is unbeatable. Sticker $25,100, paid $20,168. We have a family member with an Accord EX that has a few less options and only has a 4 cylinder but paid a little over $21,000. The ride is very smooth and quiet, if not a little soft, but I didn't expect a sports sedan. The electric power steering seems to work well, but there is too much assist causing you to feel disconnected. If this car is as reliable as the "new" chevy claims to be it looks like they have a winner.

Good, but still not a Japanese car......
By speedingticket2004 on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Had this car one month and have a love/hate relationship with this car. Car has a defective transmission that GM is aware of but has no idea how to fix. Car moans on acceleration which is annoying and shows that the workmanship issues at GM are still there. The other day the chevy logo fell off the car on my driveway!!!! The looks are great but the front end is just plain ugly. The driver's seat has many adjustments except tilt (the one that I need) I am very uncomfortable driving this car. I am sure this car was meant to go up against Camry and Accord but I am afraid when it comes to quality, GM loses again.

Still good
By scathey100 on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in a 1999 Malibu for a 2004. I did have an issue with the brakes making a strange sound. However the maintance team fixed it right away. I am loving driving this car. It handles so well.