Used 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 239 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Rockin' Car
By Terry

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my company car and if I were to go and purchase a 4 door sedan for myself this would be it. I like the power, comfort and fuel economy. I go to Baltimore every month and average 40 to 42 mpg on the highway. The V6 has punch to pass and light up the tires if you want. Traction control is nice and it has plenty of leg room. If you have an older child or adults that sit in the back you may select the Pontiac G6 instead (same platform and engine). I look forward to the new design for 2008 and I will be getting a new one as soon as they come out. I have heard that some of this years have had some problems but if you are buying used they would be fixed since most issues were within 1st 10K.

Power. Standard features and leg room (power adjustable pedals and height for driver seat) Also passenger seat folds forward to make a work station.

Get the sunroof, and I would like power seats for passenger in mine.

great Car
By Thompson

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great car. I have owned many lemons. Cant wait to go out and drive it. Glad it is an American made car. I have previously owned a foreign car which has basically nickled and dimed me to death replacing head gaskets twice. Major expense especially when the parts are foreign. This car is the greatest. Best smooth ride. All the neighbors would like to have it. Glad this time I invested in a Chevy. If you purchase one I'm sure you will love it..

All are favorite features. Excellent price. Very well equiped for the money.

Economy plus great handling
By tao

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After almost 3 years with this car, I am very pleased with it. I enjoy the handling and the zippy V-6, which gets over 30 mpg on the highway. It is chock-full of features, such as side- curtain airbags, all of which were much more expensive on import competitors.

Love my boo
By Aleshea

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am pleasantly surprised to have an affordable, reliable, American made car. My family of four drove on a long 1000 mile road trip in the Malibu. We got great gas mileage (33 mpg) and we were very comfortable. I love driving this car and found the price very reasonable. It was an easy choice!

The best feature is driving the car. It drives really nice and smooth. The gas mileage is awesome.

I really don't like the interior cloth. It seems to get dirty faster than any other cloth I've ever had. I just have to be very careful with the kids! Get leather if you have kids.

An Accord V6 for $5500 less
By sunsete

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is bigger than it looks. Steering is silky smooth and silent. Good pickup when needed and excellent milage when driven prudently (36mpg city 44mpg hwy). Interior is built better than my office desk for bins clips and tables. Beautiful car I think; much better than all the other triangles and jellybeans running around out there. Headlights are outstanding, really light up the road ahead.

Tailend is best looking feature. Steering is best feeling feature. Gas mileage is great. Four seprate headlight bulbs allow other drivers to know when you have on brights.

Cutoff plane for headlights is a bit sharp vertically, road wallops make oncoming traffic think I am flashing my lights at them.