Used 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 238 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

In love with Malibu
By tiger

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've read many a review on the Malibu and keep seeing that people think it's "blah". I love my Malibu, I think the exterior is sleek although not outstanding, the interior is nice although not extraordinary, and so far it's been a good car although I've only had it about a year out of the 3 years this car has been around. This car is not the best I'll admit, but I didn't buy the best, and I wasn't expecting to. If I wanted the best I would have bought a Cadillac or something equally as good or better. I'm definitely happy with my purchase and would buy another one in a heartbeat.

V6 engine, XM Satellite radio, easily accesible controls, convenient storage, adjustable pedals, 6 way adjustable driver seat, decent sound system, passenger leg room seems plentiful, good sized trunk

There are a lot of things I would improve about my car...most of which are just options that are available, but weren't on this car when I bought it. I would however suggest that the outside noise be blocked out more as the inside can get a bit noisy at times.

Great Car
By kat trahan

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car for my wife in 2003. She drives it as a daily commuter to work. Also, we use it for short family trips. Able to fit two large car seat in the back with plenty of leg room for the kids. Large trunk provides plenty of room for almost anything. Just a great all around car.

Sporty V-6

Cup holders removable inserts that do not stick to all objects set inside it.

No complaints at all!
By precious81098

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car feels as though it were built exclusively for me. The seats are comfortable, all controls are in easy reach and it has all the amenities - heated front seats, power everything, fold-down rear seats for stowing larger items, great sound system, it's roomy, comfortable, quiet, runs like a dream, fun to drive and looks great. I average between 28 and 31, yes I said 31 miles per gallon of gasoline. That gives me a cruising range of over 400 miles. Oh, and the dashboard computer that keeps all that information for me at my fingertips is wonderful. This is my most favorite car I've ever owned. It has great get-up-and-go, feels powerful but smooth. I think it's the perfect car.

The heated seats, sunroof, fold-down seats, huge trunk, even the four drink holders. And did I mention I love the looks?

I don't know how difficult it would be for Chevy to go green with this one; it gets great mileage as it is, but more miles per gallon is always better.

Too many electrical problems
By Bob

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Too many electrical problems. Turn signal intermittant, noisy steering column, horn blows constant, removed horn fuse to stop horn. Dealership, Chevrolet should be accountable for these problems. This was a GM certified program car. This is first GM purchased and the way I look at it, will be the last! Buy American products and get junk for your money. Not good business procedure! This was a good looking car.

Size and style. It's a good looking car, but looks are deceiving.

Repair problems, come out an say yes these problems and we are going to fix the problems.

Rockin' Car
By Terry

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my company car and if I were to go and purchase a 4 door sedan for myself this would be it. I like the power, comfort and fuel economy. I go to Baltimore every month and average 40 to 42 mpg on the highway. The V6 has punch to pass and light up the tires if you want. Traction control is nice and it has plenty of leg room. If you have an older child or adults that sit in the back you may select the Pontiac G6 instead (same platform and engine). I look forward to the new design for 2008 and I will be getting a new one as soon as they come out. I have heard that some of this years have had some problems but if you are buying used they would be fixed since most issues were within 1st 10K.

Power. Standard features and leg room (power adjustable pedals and height for driver seat) Also passenger seat folds forward to make a work station.

Get the sunroof, and I would like power seats for passenger in mine.