Used 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

No complaints at all!
By precious81098

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car feels as though it were built exclusively for me. The seats are comfortable, all controls are in easy reach and it has all the amenities - heated front seats, power everything, fold-down rear seats for stowing larger items, great sound system, it's roomy, comfortable, quiet, runs like a dream, fun to drive and looks great. I average between 28 and 31, yes I said 31 miles per gallon of gasoline. That gives me a cruising range of over 400 miles. Oh, and the dashboard computer that keeps all that information for me at my fingertips is wonderful. This is my most favorite car I've ever owned. It has great get-up-and-go, feels powerful but smooth. I think it's the perfect car.

Favorite Features

The heated seats, sunroof, fold-down seats, huge trunk, even the four drink holders. And did I mention I love the looks?

Suggested Improvements

I don't know how difficult it would be for Chevy to go green with this one; it gets great mileage as it is, but more miles per gallon is always better.

Too many electrical problems
By Bob

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Too many electrical problems. Turn signal intermittant, noisy steering column, horn blows constant, removed horn fuse to stop horn. Dealership, Chevrolet should be accountable for these problems. This was a GM certified program car. This is first GM purchased and the way I look at it, will be the last! Buy American products and get junk for your money. Not good business procedure! This was a good looking car.

Favorite Features

Size and style. It's a good looking car, but looks are deceiving.

Suggested Improvements

Repair problems, come out an say yes these problems and we are going to fix the problems.

Rockin' Car
By Terry

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my company car and if I were to go and purchase a 4 door sedan for myself this would be it. I like the power, comfort and fuel economy. I go to Baltimore every month and average 40 to 42 mpg on the highway. The V6 has punch to pass and light up the tires if you want. Traction control is nice and it has plenty of leg room. If you have an older child or adults that sit in the back you may select the Pontiac G6 instead (same platform and engine). I look forward to the new design for 2008 and I will be getting a new one as soon as they come out. I have heard that some of this years have had some problems but if you are buying used they would be fixed since most issues were within 1st 10K.

Favorite Features

Power. Standard features and leg room (power adjustable pedals and height for driver seat) Also passenger seat folds forward to make a work station.

Suggested Improvements

Get the sunroof, and I would like power seats for passenger in mine.

great Car
By Thompson

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great car. I have owned many lemons. Cant wait to go out and drive it. Glad it is an American made car. I have previously owned a foreign car which has basically nickled and dimed me to death replacing head gaskets twice. Major expense especially when the parts are foreign. This car is the greatest. Best smooth ride. All the neighbors would like to have it. Glad this time I invested in a Chevy. If you purchase one I'm sure you will love it..

Favorite Features

All are favorite features. Excellent price. Very well equiped for the money.

Economy plus great handling
By tao

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After almost 3 years with this car, I am very pleased with it. I enjoy the handling and the zippy V-6, which gets over 30 mpg on the highway. It is chock-full of features, such as side- curtain airbags, all of which were much more expensive on import competitors.