2004 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Chevrolet Malibu base model
By Sandy A. on 12/20/04 09:05 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle is not only fun to drive but very fuel efficient. The things I don't like about it are: cheap seat coverings, base model doesn't have keyless entry, and windows could be tinted more. However, for the money, you can't beat this vehicle!

excellent value
By tdk on 12/06/04 23:36 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have now had this car for a year 17,000 miles and it has not disappointed. The ride is excellent and the gas mileage for a v-6 w power is great, about 25 in city and 35-38 highway. The 4 cylinder Accord we had in the past never got this kind of mileage and the power was not in the same league as the Malibu. The price is also much less than the imports.

Loveit
By dudao90 on 12/06/04 16:22 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car in February and have already had the chance to take it on 3 long road trips. I love it. Power is there when you need it and when you are cruizing on the open road it's not uncommon to see the fuel range in the 33-35 mpg. I had an issue with the steering column a couple months after I bought it but they replaced it with no questions and it's been fine ever since. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone.

Great Car
By BobL on 12/04/04 22:11 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Had the car for 6 months and 10,000 miles. Can't find anything to complain about yet. Comfortable and fun to drive, great pick-up, and fuel economy better then I expected. 25 mpg around town and 30-31 mpg during commute.

Definitely a Contender
By James Zerilli on 12/03/04 10:02 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'm not going to say that this car is the best car in the world. But I will go so far as to say that it is one of the best cars on the American market. It is fun to drive, has a great power plant and the ride and comfort are excetional. Fuel economy is also pretty good, although I have yet to see the actual EPA numbers on the expressway and the on-board computer's fuel economy estimates are usually a little exaggerated. I would unhesitatingly reccomend Malibu to anyone seeking a mid-size sedan. I am only driving one car, and I'm sure some disgruntled people have gotten some worse than I, but I still think it is as good as anything out there.

Great Value
By Pete Kerl on 12/03/04 00:14 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our LT for about six months. It is a pleasure to drive and for the money is tough to beat. It is quiet, responsive, and easy to drive. We had over $8,000 in rebates from our GM card, Olds loyalty, GM loyalty, and Driver's Edge card. The LT comes with remote start, leather, spoiler,heated seats, information center, 16" tires and side air bags. All we added was the sun roof. No problems. We considered the Grand Prix but my wife felt the visability was better in the Malibu.

Best American Buy
By Roll on 12/01/04 20:18 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Looked for an American made car with a little European flair. Best overall Made in the USA car.

Bad, bad Car
By aresma on 11/30/04 09:59 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Where do I start? I bought the car back in Apr 04 and nothing more than problems. The engine was originally very quiet and now is worst every day sounding like an old VW. I have taken the car to the dealer at least 10 times due to problems with strange noises in the Steering wheel drive and the suspension, the problem has been fixed and the car working normally for a week.

Above average product from Chevy
By niagra on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I do not own one but I regularly rent it for long trips once a week. It has become my favorite rental vehicle. Excellent fuel economy (average 33mpg on highways) easy to drive and good features. I have spotted minor build quality issues on most of them. One of them with less than 3000 miles had the gas cap not fitting. The information console kept complaining about an open gas cap. Another one that I drove had the passenger side seat back detached and hanging down. Adjustable break pedal didn't impress me much. Generally the controls are easy to locate and use.

BUY A MALIBU..GREAT CAR
By BUCKEYE on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Malibu and I was a little nervous but I must admit I was wrong. This is a great car and drives like a cloud.