2004 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: 6 Year Review

2004 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

2004 Chevrolet Malibu

LT Sedan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

6 Year Review
By Spud90 on

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I recorded my review in 11/24/2003 when I owned the car for 1 month. In the last 6 years I have put only 32,000 miles on. I have read the other reviews and am drawn to the poor ratings. With the exception of the steering column (first year of electric power), I have had no major problems with the car. I just replaced the original tires at 30,000 miles, had an alignment done, and it runs like it is new again. I agree with other posts that it tends to eat an unusual amount of turn signal lights, which is a minor annoyance because it takes time to replace them. Otherwise, I am still impressed with the quiet ride, the power, and the highway gas mileage (34-35 mpg with the cruise set at 75+).

The quiet, the power, and the highway fuel economy. I also like the remote start and automatic climate control. Winter or summer, start it from the house and by the time you get in it is comfortable. It even has the brains to start defrosting the windshield, rear window, and the mirrors.

I think the newest generation Malibu improves what is already a good car. The dash in my 04 Malibu looks like it came out of a mid 70's Detroit car. That is my biggest complaint. Wish it had a 6-speed automatic, but GM didn't think of them back then.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review