Used 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 239 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Good car but cheap parts
By rita, orland park, i

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Chevy less than 4 years and I am unable to get my hatchback trunk open. It is very frustrating. My mechanic states that it is the motor in lock to open the hatchback. I am sure if I take it to the dealer, it will be about $300 to fix it. Luckily I have a nice reasonable mechanic, although he lives far so it is a bit of a hassle to get my car worked on. I was very pleased with my car until this point but now I am convinced that Chevy uses cheap parts and I will not buy a Chevy again. I bought a new Astro van before this car and all I did was put money into it. It cost me a small fortunate in repairs. Never again will I buy a GM car.

Good pickup, nice ride.

Install better parts.

Malibu Falling Apart Slowly
By Malibu not so much

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So when I purchased my car it was in top shape. Now I take care of my car. Never a mile over 3000 without an oil change, I pay to have it cleaned. Now the problem with my Malibu is that the parts to the interior are inferior. The less expensive plastic breaks on dash with the tap of passenger knees. The gas cap sensor has gone out at 55000 miles. I have replaced blinker bulbs on 4 occassions and have only had the car to a little over 1 year. Power and comfort a plus, If only Barbie could see her Malibu now.

Leather seating, V6, Gas mileage.

Use more durable parts in the car.

I love my BOO
By smbmp

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2004 Malibu in March of 08. It had 3400 miles on it at the time. I love my car it havent given me any trouble yet. Hopefuly it won't any time soon. Since I got it I have only had to do the normal things like oil and brakes. Oh I can't get my gas cap to stay on. The only thing I dont like about these cars is there front end is ugly. They look like bugs. The car has plenty of power and great handeling once you get use to the torque steering. I think it was wort every penny I paid for it

The auto start, and how smooth it rides, and size.

Whatever makes that cliking sound on the steering column.

Incredible
By heckandarn

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have the 3.5L V-6. I have to tell everyone something. I have never owned a car that would get 39.9 mpg on the highway at 65 mph before. I do now! As incredible as it may seem, that's what I get on a long trip with the cruise control on. With the 200hp v-6 it's very fun to drive! It's been a long time since I've been in a car of this quality, at this price! It's exciting!

Power, MPG. Fun to drive!

What Happend
By Jason

2004 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I like the new body style. I think its a vary nice car. And the only complaint I really have is the dic driver info center. The car has some pep not much would've liked to see a 2.4l and OnStar on the base, but all in all it's a car to point a to point b, nothing unique about it.

Although the DIC is junk, it still gives you vital info.

Move the DIC by the guages not in the radio thats just dumb. If you have an error message you can't see the clock or temp. Oh and please standard ABS and traction control! I don't know whose idea it was to merge the dic and radio but it was poorly designed.