2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews 4

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Too many electrical problems
By Bob on 02/01/07 14:25 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Too many electrical problems. Turn signal intermittant, noisy steering column, horn blows constant, removed horn fuse to stop horn. Dealership, Chevrolet should be accountable for these problems. This was a GM certified program car. This is first GM purchased and the way I look at it, will be the last! Buy American products and get junk for your money. Not good business procedure! This was a good looking car.

Rockin' Car
By Terry on 01/08/07 15:05 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my company car and if I were to go and purchase a 4 door sedan for myself this would be it. I like the power, comfort and fuel economy. I go to Baltimore every month and average 40 to 42 mpg on the highway. The V6 has punch to pass and light up the tires if you want. Traction control is nice and it has plenty of leg room. If you have an older child or adults that sit in the back you may select the Pontiac G6 instead (same platform and engine). I look forward to the new design for 2008 and I will be getting a new one as soon as they come out. I have heard that some of this years have had some problems but if you are buying used they would be fixed since most issues were within 1st 10K.

great Car
By Thompson on 12/31/06 14:34 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great car. I have owned many lemons. Cant wait to go out and drive it. Glad it is an American made car. I have previously owned a foreign car which has basically nickled and dimed me to death replacing head gaskets twice. Major expense especially when the parts are foreign. This car is the greatest. Best smooth ride. All the neighbors would like to have it. Glad this time I invested in a Chevy. If you purchase one I'm sure you will love it..

Economy plus great handling
By tao on 03/23/06 08:46 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After almost 3 years with this car, I am very pleased with it. I enjoy the handling and the zippy V-6, which gets over 30 mpg on the highway. It is chock-full of features, such as side- curtain airbags, all of which were much more expensive on import competitors.

Love my boo
By Aleshea on 03/01/06 22:39 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am pleasantly surprised to have an affordable, reliable, American made car. My family of four drove on a long 1000 mile road trip in the Malibu. We got great gas mileage (33 mpg) and we were very comfortable. I love driving this car and found the price very reasonable. It was an easy choice!

An Accord V6 for $5500 less
By sunsete on 11/29/05 22:24 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is bigger than it looks. Steering is silky smooth and silent. Good pickup when needed and excellent milage when driven prudently (36mpg city 44mpg hwy). Interior is built better than my office desk for bins clips and tables. Beautiful car I think; much better than all the other triangles and jellybeans running around out there. Headlights are outstanding, really light up the road ahead.

2004 Malibu LT
By dstracker on 08/09/05 14:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Easy to handle, and a pleasure to drive. Close the windows, crank up the CD volume, and life in traffic isn't so bad.

By ssful on 07/30/05 11:30 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I've been most pleased with my 2004 Malibu. It suits my needs, safely getting me to the grocery store, and not breaking the bank on providing transportation. I feel this is an excellent choice for a student driver, or small family, or elderly person who is not looking for all the bells and whistles, but reliable transportation with the safety of a midsize. I extensively shopped, and only the Malibu and Galant were priced within my range .I purchased a demo with low mileage fully equipped, with two years of remaining warranty and paid under $10k. My only complaint is the seat adjustment handle is of such inferior plastic, I fear that it will break off every time I have to readjust.

More bang for your buck
By Brent Young on 07/24/05 11:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I are, or were, hardcore SUV owners until we saw and drove the newly designed Malibu. The price tag was a big hit as well. I would have expected to pay much more money for all the luxury. The car is far superior in the quiet department as well, and rides as well as a larger wheel based auto. I am a big guy, and the car is suprisingly roomy. Our best mileage yet as been just over 27 mpg, but that was only on a two hour turn around trip. I believe the car will do better on the long haul. Simply put, the car has really exceeded my expectations.

I love my 2nd Malibu
By Cheryl Vasquez on 07/17/05 23:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I first owned a 2003 Malibu, which I liked as well, although, my 2004 held out better in frontal impact collision. My 2003 was totalled and my 2004 was salvageable. I like the Malibu and I enjoy driving this car immensely. I would recommend this car to anyone with 1-2 children. Any more in the family could be a little uncomfortable.