2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
The Camry Killer
By Veneratemale on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is redesigned inside and out. I brought back my 2002 Malibu which was a marginal car, for the newer 2004 Malibu. My 2004 Malibu ($20,500) has remote start, satellite radio, 6 CD changer, the same undercarriage as the much more expensive Saab 9-3, and an engine with more horsepower than the Accord and Camry. The Malibu has telescope steering, which you won't find in vehicles under $33,000. It also has electronically assisted steering, something else you won't find in cars within its class.

New Malibu - First Impressions
By MIScouter on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle last week and have put about 250 miles on the odometer. Chevrolet may have a winner here. Haven't considered a Chevy in 22 years, but it stacked up well against the VW Passat, Honda Accord, and Mazda6 that we also considered. Pushrod V6 provides plenty of power (200 HP) and lots of torque (220 ftlb). Loaded with useful features and plenty of room (101 cu ft EPA passenger space). Averaging over 22 MPG in mostly city driving so far. Chevy's attempt at a "manu-matic" shift lever needs work. 4th gear cannot be selected in manual mode.

beautiful and nice riding car.
By Frank V on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car. The driving is great. The seats [driver and passenger] are very comfortable. I have the power seat and my wife loves it. The remote vehicle start is great also. My first long drive it had 29 miles to the gallon.This is to me a luxury car I can afford. I have received many [at least 15 or more] good comments. None so far. This car has the Onstar and XM radio also. One comment was from a "maxima" car owner who was really impressed.

Chevrolet Malibu
By Debra Shields on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my new Chevrolet, Malibu. It handles excellantly. I couldnt be more pleased. It is compariable to a Toyota Camry. Toyota has got some definite competition on their hands. In my opinion, the Malibu is much nicer all around than the Camry.

The best one for the money
By cjaxcota12 on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Well, i've only had the vehicle 2 days, but I drive 150 mi round trip to and from work... So I have spent lots of time in the vehicle... the looks I get from Lexus and Mercedes drivers are very interesting, all drivers for that matter, it's a look of astonishment.

Malibu equal to or better that imports
By junie on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Chevrolet did their homework and have introduced a great car in the Malibu. I researched all I could find and finally was able to purchase this car. The Epsilon plateform is truly world class...tight, firm, quiet and confident. I had been an import owner, but never really believed in their hype. Now Chevrolet has the car that will convert many like myself.