2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
very good car
By smartgiant on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

during 100,000miles, it has not major problems. Key is not any leaking from this car, no over heat.

great redesign
By bjctj on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

it is fun to drive, handells very well especially in the turns. Great move to put the body on the Saab chasey. Great bang for the buck especially comparing it to a camry.

whoa
By flynmalibu on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The 2004 malibu is incredible, i owned a 2001 and traded it in, the most amazing piece of machinery i ever seen, the power of the V6 really kicks and you can seriously feel the 200 HP in the engine, i admit the price to pay for the car was high, but the room, look and color interior really styles a malibu, not to mention the amazing 23 mpg i acheive only in street driving. its not 100% economy, but i recommand this car to anyone who seeks sport with refinement.

Best Chevrolet in Years
By MPBRAD111 on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had the new Malibu for a little over a month now and could not be more pleased. This car is the best that Chevrolet has offered since the rear wheel drive Impala SS. I bought the car for my wife, but I find myself driving the car a lot more than I thought I would. Import/European style, qualty and safety not previously available from Chevrolet.

THE PERFECT CAR
By Lvlyliz on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is amazing, don't dis it till you try it.. It rides like a dream.. Oh I can't wait to get up and drive it everyday!

Has a little of everything
By KZ55 on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove seven cars in one day and ended up with my Malibu. It had a little of everything that I liked about the Camery, Honda Accord,and Mazda 6. Four door, sunroof, style (looks like a richmans car) pick up and speed, spacious inside, tinted rearview mirror, no large blind spots and heated seats! It handles great. I like that I can start it from my front door and have it warmed up before I even open the car door. Trunk is large and I like that I can still carry long items by letting down the back seat. Radio controls are on the wheel which is handy. I haven't bought or looked for a new car in ten years and I am so pleased with the Malibu.

'04 Malibu broke GM's mold!
By Cliff Cline on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

General Motors broke the mold when they built the completely redesigned Chevy Malibu for '04. The new Malibu's sporty and aerodynamic with a fresh look and classy feel. It's got an aggressive accelerator that unleashes the excitement of a 3.5 liter V6 with 200 horses but gets a shocking 350 mls to a tank on city streets and 400+ on th highway. The on-board information center is reassuring and the standard features make this car almost perfect.

Great Ride! Finally a contender
By Jay_Jay on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A great american sedan with European handling. Take a way the badges on this car and you may mistake it for an import. the fit and finish is near flawless. THe engine is silky smooth and the car drives like a dream. This has to be the best sedan overall chevrolet ever made.

GM offers value and reliability
By RonD on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with the Malibu. It is quiet with a solid feel on the road. Handles rough pavement well and the seat are very adjustable, especially with the telescoping steering wheel. The engine is smooth and has plenty of power. The steering is a little too light for my taste, but my wife likes it fine. Only complaint is the tires are not up to the standards of the rest of the car. The handling is just adequate and I suppect the 15" Bridgstones don't have the grip I'm used to.

The Camry Killer
By Veneratemale on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is redesigned inside and out. I brought back my 2002 Malibu which was a marginal car, for the newer 2004 Malibu. My 2004 Malibu ($20,500) has remote start, satellite radio, 6 CD changer, the same undercarriage as the much more expensive Saab 9-3, and an engine with more horsepower than the Accord and Camry. The Malibu has telescope steering, which you won't find in vehicles under $33,000. It also has electronically assisted steering, something else you won't find in cars within its class.