Used 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Powertrain Control Module Replacement
By LDean

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Due to the Malibu starting intermittently, the PCM had to be replaced. After only three weeks of ownership I am no longer confident in my vehicle, (or the entire line). Unlike myself you may want to do your homework before purchasing a new Malibu. Judging from my problems (and other consumers, it appears that the Malibu has electrical problems.

Excellent Drive
By adclarke

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I did not expect the Malibu to have as smooth a ride as it does. It is a comfortable, reliable car with a classy style all its own. Recommended buy!

Automatic car starter and heated seats make for a quick transition for the kids in the winter.

We love our Malibu
By JimboInTheHouse

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We would have never considered one of the old plain Malibu's but when we saw the new design we loved it! It drives and handles great. And the remote start feature has us so spoiled.

The remote start. The chrome finish inside.

The gas tank is on the wrong side. The seat controls/design are a bit of a hassle.

Worth the Advertising Exposure
By CJStroy

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am very impressed with this vehicle. The car is very roomy, great leg room, and great trunk space. The sporty look is nice for a sedan. Although the vehicle is good as far as performance, space, speed, gas milage both highway and city. I have had some problems with the steering wheel. The electical system malfunctioned and had to be replaced making it unsafe to drive. The remote start up is a good option for cold climate areas. I am also glad the 04 Malibu is in the top 5 as far as air bag safety -with it's side curtain air bags. I would definitly encourage the purchase of this vehicle. You definitly get your money's worth.

I like the fact that all of the contol options for the vehicle are at reach through the radio. I also like the fact the pedal is adjustable - so that I won't have to sit up on the steering wheel.

I would suggest the brake system be changed so that the brake lights come on when you get in your car. Also althoug everything is at arms reach through the radio, I think it could also be a bad thing because you depend on the radio to set and reset controls for the car.

Malibu is an overall great car
By baker348

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The malibu drives great. it makes a lot of noise when going over uneven pavement. That is the only flaw and it can be covered up with the radio.

XM radio, engine has a lot of power and safety equipment. The remote start is great.

less road noise needed