Used 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

We love our Malibu
By JimboInTheHouse

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We would have never considered one of the old plain Malibu's but when we saw the new design we loved it! It drives and handles great. And the remote start feature has us so spoiled.

Favorite Features

The remote start. The chrome finish inside.

Suggested Improvements

The gas tank is on the wrong side. The seat controls/design are a bit of a hassle.

Worth the Advertising Exposure
By CJStroy

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am very impressed with this vehicle. The car is very roomy, great leg room, and great trunk space. The sporty look is nice for a sedan. Although the vehicle is good as far as performance, space, speed, gas milage both highway and city. I have had some problems with the steering wheel. The electical system malfunctioned and had to be replaced making it unsafe to drive. The remote start up is a good option for cold climate areas. I am also glad the 04 Malibu is in the top 5 as far as air bag safety -with it's side curtain air bags. I would definitly encourage the purchase of this vehicle. You definitly get your money's worth.

Favorite Features

I like the fact that all of the contol options for the vehicle are at reach through the radio. I also like the fact the pedal is adjustable - so that I won't have to sit up on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

I would suggest the brake system be changed so that the brake lights come on when you get in your car. Also althoug everything is at arms reach through the radio, I think it could also be a bad thing because you depend on the radio to set and reset controls for the car.

Malibu is an overall great car
By baker348

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The malibu drives great. it makes a lot of noise when going over uneven pavement. That is the only flaw and it can be covered up with the radio.

Favorite Features

XM radio, engine has a lot of power and safety equipment. The remote start is great.

Suggested Improvements

less road noise needed

TOTALLY SATISFIED
By dgarcia

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I AM COMPLETELY IN LOVE WITH MY NEW MALIBU. I TRADED IN A '99 MALIBU LS AND FEEL AS IF I AM AT THE TOP OF THE LINE WITH MY '04 MALIBU LT. IT IS FULLY LOADED WITH FEATURES I DIDNT THINK I COULD AFFORD. I AM TOTALLY SAFE AND I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE. KUDOS TO CHEVROLET FOR THE UPGRADE.

Favorite Features

ADJUSTABLE PEDALS, STEREO BUTTONS ON STEERING WHEEL, ON-STAR

Suggested Improvements

IM STILL NEW TO THIS CAR AS FOR NOW ITS PERFECT AND I LOVE IT

2004 chev. malibu lt 3.5 v6
By robert c. krug

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

roomy, plenty of power,good handling, good gas mileage,numerous new features like factory installed remote start, very comfortable for driver and passengers and much less costly than camry or accord comparably equipped.