2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
You have to drive this car!
By Easter on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven Malibus before, but the new restyled 2004 had some pleasent surprises. Great new body styling. I'm a big guy and found lots of head, leg and shoulder room. The pedal adjust for shorter drivers. I love the telescoping steering wheel. Fits like a glove. Interior comfort, all the bells a whistles I have enjoyed with larger, more expensive models. I got the XM/On-Star option, nice. Extremely smooth, quiet drive. Large truck. Split, fold down rear seat, and front passenger seat that fold down for transporting. Even my 22 year old son thinks it's "fly". (He said that means it's a nice car.) A great car at a great price!

I love my Malibu
By dandwboykin on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Malibu,it rides great.It is easy to get around in.Gas mileage is waonderful compared to the van I had before.

Built to last
By David Baum on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Wait for the 2006. It will be a blast. The 04 is a good design and is driver friendly.

A Lot of Car for the Money
By spud90 on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A truly "American" car. Plenty of power from the V6 and a quiet, roomy interior. This car is built for the freeway rather than hairpin curves. Just set the cruise control at any sane or relatively insane speed and those interstate miles quickly melt away. The electric power steering offers very little feedback and the suspension is somewhat soft, although I always felt in control of the vehicle.

THIS is a CHEVY?!?!?!
By Randall on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

What a pleasant surprise this was! I thought, OH it's a malibu BIG deal... I was shocked and amazed by its quality, solid structure, and comfort. More personality than the Accord or Camry. It reminds you of a european sedan with it's outward visibility and interior layout. Very nice.

CHEVY MALIBU AN AMERICAN CONTENDER
By rebmulpjr on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

finally a fun american built car to compete with foreign mid size cars. no need to keep buying foreign cars of this class when we have this great new american sedan. fun to drive and good looking. where does edmunds find lack of power? maybe they should try driving the v6 model and leave the 4 banger at the dealership.

I never was a Chevy man until....
By 04Malibuman on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

At 6'7'' I don't have the luxury of being picky about which cars I can drive. Many auto makers both foreign and domestic seem to have forgotten the "large" market of car buyers. With a telescopic steering column and six- way power seat option I found no problems on entry and exit as well as driving comfort. When I found this car and sat in it and I thought "this is great room but how does it perform?" I was pleasantly suprised at the acceleration in this vehicle, very peppy in the 0-60 range under 8 seconds. All of that with an average fuel economy of 28mpg city/hwy, this is one of the most value minded car choices in America!

first domestic in 15 years
By mhall on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Test drove the Malibu several times and came away more impressed each time. Solid ride with absolutely no rattles or sqeeks. Impressive list of extras. More pick-up than the Mazda Millinia it replaced with great millage, 23/32. Very good handler with room inside. Only complaint is the headrest is tilted slightly more forward than I was used too. Got used to it very quickly.

Best Malibu Yet
By Ken Geiselmann on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Leased a 1999,then a 2001 and now a 2004 and find this to be the best. I think this one is the best of all, it seems to ride smoother and the the mpg averages 22+ under a variety of conditions. Engine response is tremendous. Has plenty of standard features that are usefull. Upgraded to the 6 cd radio and it is great. I have one rattle and have isolated it to the front passenger seat and will get rid of it.

excellent vehicle
By hutch66 on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

excellent vehicle has plenty of power stay on the road in turns and is built in the untied states by the uaw