Used 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Malibu.......Reliable Fiamily Car?
By kshont

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had my malibu for a month before i traded it in for more than perfect Toyota Camry. I visited the dealership 3 times within that month to fix an annoying problem with the electronic steering. After being told to come the fourth time i decided to visit a Toyota Dealership. I brought a new Camry LE V6 the same and i don't have any problems within the last 2 months. Buyer beware!!

Favorite Features

Power, comfort , speed, computer system,and sound system

Suggested Improvements

please fix the problen with the electronic steering so others do not suffer like me.fix it up

2004 MALIBU VIEW
By DE-ICER

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

COMFORTABLE CAR FOR ME TO DRIVE TO WORK, 35 MILES ONE WAY. PLENTY OF POWER TO MERGE INTO TRAFFIC. QUIET CABIN FOR A CAR PRICED UNDER $20,000, MANY STANDARD FEATURES FOR THE PRICE TOO. MY FUEL USE HAS BEEN GOOD, 34 MPG WITH AC ON. THE DEALER HAD TO TURN THE FRONT ROTORS AT 3000 MILES DUE TO A VIBRATION IN THE BRAKES.

Favorite Features

FUEL MPG, ENGINE SMOOTH AND STRONG

Suggested Improvements

SHORTEN THE GEAR SHIFTER, CHANGE THE HEADLAMP UNITS, THEY LOOK FUNKY

Excellence from Chevrolet
By T and L's car

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife's car turns out to be an excellent choice for a family car. She just loves the warmed up cabin on cold mornings { she just loves the remote start }.When she changes lanes she claims the car just glides to her spot. She likes the sunroof and adjustable pedals as well as the power adjustable seat {she's 4' 11'' tall} I like the side head air bags, abs, traction control and the 200 hp engine that got us 31.8 mpg to LA to Vegas then home to Campbell. We're extremely pleased with our purchase of this Malibu LT.

Favorite Features

Roominess in cabin as well as trunk. More than adequate power. Excellent visability. 28.5 mpg around town.

Suggested Improvements

Power passenger seat too

Powertrain Control Module Replacement
By LDean

2004 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Due to the Malibu starting intermittently, the PCM had to be replaced. After only three weeks of ownership I am no longer confident in my vehicle, (or the entire line). Unlike myself you may want to do your homework before purchasing a new Malibu. Judging from my problems (and other consumers, it appears that the Malibu has electrical problems.

Excellent Drive
By adclarke

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I did not expect the Malibu to have as smooth a ride as it does. It is a comfortable, reliable car with a classy style all its own. Recommended buy!

Favorite Features

Automatic car starter and heated seats make for a quick transition for the kids in the winter.