Used 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

2004 Malibu Maxx LT Model
By Henri

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall the quality of the workmanship was very good interior & exterior. The 3.5 engine was a little slow on the pick up in lst gear range, but the second range was very satisfactory & smooth. Engine is very compact & every unit (battery--air filter--water reservoir ETC) was easy accessable & not crammed at all. One nice feature is the electric steering. Mileage overall combination Hwy & city average was 23.5. I imagine a long mileage highway trip will produce more.

Favorite Features

Besides the electric steering, I like the electric rear view mirror which reflects the headlites to a soft color.I like the fold down rear seats, which when up are individual split & adjustable for more leg room. I like the large open trunk with adjustable shelf.

Suggested Improvements

Rear passengers have a roof support grab assist handle to exit. The front passengers do not. This item should be a necessity. Remove the two rear passenger sun roof windows. Do away with the right O/S mirror extended & varied view. Both O/S rear view mirrors should be a tad larger.

I LOVE MY MALIBU....
By TaniaJo

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My first brand new car, and I am loving every minute of driving time! I did have some problems, but the dealership took care of me and my Malibu. My parents just purchased a LS Malibu!

Suggested Improvements

I did as well have problems with my steering, took it back to dealership and they replaced the steering coloum and upgraded computer. Works great now!

NOW THAT I HAVE HAD MY CAR FOR 5 MONTHS
By Moorejet

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I REALLY LIKED MY CAR AT FIRST BUT HAVE HAD A FEW PROBLEMS WITH IT. MATTER OF FACT IT IS SITTING AT THE DEALERSHIP AGAIN...MY STEERING IS NOT RIGHT, IT IS TO LOOSE. I HAVE TOLD THEM TWICE NOW AND HAVE WRECKED MY CAR BECAUSE OF IT. I AM DRIVING A LOANER CAR NOW, 2004 MALIBU AND IT STEERS PERFECTLY. MY A/C ALSO HAS GONE OUT, OH DID I MENTION I AM IN FLORIDA! I HOPE THEY CAN WORK OUT THE PROBLEMS BECAUSE IT HAS POTENTIAL...

Favorite Features

REMOTE START

Suggested Improvements

INTERIOR IS MADE WITH CHEAP PLASTIC. GAS TANK ON WRONG SIDE. FIX THE STEERING PROBLEM- MY FAMILY AND I COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED!

A Good Deal
By bassmanarcher

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great car for the dollar good hwy miles per gal.

Favorite Features

CD radio has your trip meter and info right there

Suggested Improvements

A place for CDs

A Very satisfied customer
By abankshhn

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I never would have imagined in a million years that I would've purchased a Chevy Malibu. I love it! I love the way it handles, and total package blows away any car in the same price range in my opinion.

Favorite Features

Keyless start, Driver Information center, XM Radio, and very roomy.

Suggested Improvements

Don't like that the head rest on the drivers side can't be adjusted.