Used 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Daughter's New Car
By Frank Roldan

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased car as gift for over- achieving daughter. Wanted a good reliable vehicle with a reasonable fun factor and numerous airbags. Six-CD player a big hit as well as power drivers side seat.

Power drivers seat; Six-CD changer; Smart radio with numerous options

Trunk lid appears to be very light and flimsy. Styling is clean, but hardly cutting edge.

Super car
By teacher

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Best in class. Looks and drives like a 50k selling car.

interior and exterior design. Soft leather seats. Side air bags standard equipment.

Make dvd player available on the sedan.

I LOVE MY MALIBU....
By TaniaJo

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My first brand new car, and I am loving every minute of driving time! I did have some problems, but the dealership took care of me and my Malibu. My parents just purchased a LS Malibu!

I did as well have problems with my steering, took it back to dealership and they replaced the steering coloum and upgraded computer. Works great now!

2004 Malibu Maxx LT Model
By Henri

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall the quality of the workmanship was very good interior & exterior. The 3.5 engine was a little slow on the pick up in lst gear range, but the second range was very satisfactory & smooth. Engine is very compact & every unit (battery--air filter--water reservoir ETC) was easy accessable & not crammed at all. One nice feature is the electric steering. Mileage overall combination Hwy & city average was 23.5. I imagine a long mileage highway trip will produce more.

Besides the electric steering, I like the electric rear view mirror which reflects the headlites to a soft color.I like the fold down rear seats, which when up are individual split & adjustable for more leg room. I like the large open trunk with adjustable shelf.

Rear passengers have a roof support grab assist handle to exit. The front passengers do not. This item should be a necessity. Remove the two rear passenger sun roof windows. Do away with the right O/S mirror extended & varied view. Both O/S rear view mirrors should be a tad larger.

NOW THAT I HAVE HAD MY CAR FOR 5 MONTHS
By Moorejet

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I REALLY LIKED MY CAR AT FIRST BUT HAVE HAD A FEW PROBLEMS WITH IT. MATTER OF FACT IT IS SITTING AT THE DEALERSHIP AGAIN...MY STEERING IS NOT RIGHT, IT IS TO LOOSE. I HAVE TOLD THEM TWICE NOW AND HAVE WRECKED MY CAR BECAUSE OF IT. I AM DRIVING A LOANER CAR NOW, 2004 MALIBU AND IT STEERS PERFECTLY. MY A/C ALSO HAS GONE OUT, OH DID I MENTION I AM IN FLORIDA! I HOPE THEY CAN WORK OUT THE PROBLEMS BECAUSE IT HAS POTENTIAL...

REMOTE START

INTERIOR IS MADE WITH CHEAP PLASTIC. GAS TANK ON WRONG SIDE. FIX THE STEERING PROBLEM- MY FAMILY AND I COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED!

• SUV