2004 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
first time
By KTM450 on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car is an affordable sporty sedan with headroom that Honda and Toyota can not match. We love the shift by wire thumb control, using compresion to hold us back going down hill and aproaching stop signs. If you do not feel like the hassle of shifting the breaks are more than adequate. Passing acceleration from 65 mph - 85 mph is impressive. Ergonomics are excellent. All of the controlls are visible and accessable. The trunk has plenty of room for safety equipment and CHRISTmas gifts.

My 2004 Chevy Malibu
By USFIslandchild on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my 2004 Chevy Mailbu. I would suggest it to anyone who is looking to buy a midsized car. The 2003 doesn't even compare to the 2004. The car seems to have European style, feel, and comfort. I chose the LS V6 with the following options that I would recommend: side-curtain airbags and remote start (one of my favorites). Please feel free to email me if you are considering purchasing anytime soon.

Better than your Camry!
By TT325 on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven all the midsize sedans. I like the Mazda6, Accord, Altima, and Camry followed by the Galant, Sonata, and Grand Prix. The Malibu is an excellent car. It's an excellent performer that gives up little to Honda and Toyota. The Malibu nearly matches them at being a bread and butter sedan, yet beats them as the value leader. Reviewers, hold American cars to a higher standard than the Japanese brands. The Malibus interior is simple, functional, and the materials are as good an anything the Camry has. Yet the Malibu is criticized while the Camry is praised for it's simplicity. Sure and the Malibu IS as good if not a bit better. Great job Chevy!

Owner Chevrolet malibu 2003
By Ricky Leflore on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I tested a few cars from renting them all new all kinds.some had 140 mph some had 120 This one has 120 but has more pick up than the ones I drove that had 140 on it and fuel wow it is had to belive this auto 4 speed really saves me fuel and I use to rent a car for a week all kinds For style room fuel. pick up this will really get up and go and and saves you money ever time you drive it

This time Chevrolet has set the standard
By NatePT on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I spent several months researching and test driving midsize sedans, and found this car to be the best. It ran smoother than the Accord and quieter than the Camry. The suspension and handling are comparable to the other cars in its class, and the standard features on the LT model make it a joy to drive. Many added safety features from last year's model also set this car apart from the rest. If you're looking for a well-built, dependable, and economic midsize sedan, it would be VERY worth your while to check this one out!

Everyone Needs To Drive It !!!!!!!!!!!
By Terminator on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Like they say everyone should drive it. My wife had a Camry owner approach her to find out what it was all about. He was looking for a new car. Fast powerful easy to drive these are a few of the things that make me enjoy it.

SUV to Car
By BEEJAY on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I went in looking for another truck or SUV and came away with this great car. I think a lot of people once they see the new Malibu are going to jump on this hot little band wagon!

Home made import
By Baker on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was going to replace my 01 Impala with an 04, in fact the dealer had my new Impala prepped for me. I saw the LT model in the showroom and had to test drive it. I fell in love. I love the looks of the Nissan Altima but would never buy an import. This car has it all.

dependable, but leaves you wanting more
By Roy Christian III on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have not had one mechanical problem out of this car, It has very good handling but I have always wished that it had more get up & go..... The power is just not there, But for the price & monthly payments & dependability... I really can't complain at all about the Malibu...

Chev. Malibu-fun car
By Allen Paul on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The handling is sporty, the car has plenty of get up and go when needed, all instruments on control panel are easily accessable, and it is fun to drive. I went from a Chev. Venture mini van to this car and I love it.