2004 Chevrolet Malibu Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2004 Malibu Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Sort Reviews by

No complaints
By Not4U

=)

Favorite Features

All of them!

Suggested Improvements

The stereo overall is good, but the speakers could be of a better quaility; better name like Bose - or just better sound quaility... My older Pioneer speaks that I put into my old car had better sound clarity...

Only 500 miles, but WOW
By itisgreat

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So far I don't know what they could have done to improve on it. Move over Honda & Toyota...here comes Malibu

Favorite Features

Mine is the deluxe one with all options and it makes one heck of a package

Suggested Improvements

None at this time.

A Winner!
By Tricky73

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I changed from a Catera Sport to the Malibu to get better access to the rear seat, compared to the new CTS design. I am pleasantly surprised at the satisfaction and performance of the Malibu, and would suggest other geezers look at this vehicle as an alternative to a Caddy for going to the supermarket...love the many new engineering features (e.g. electric steering.)

Suggested Improvements

Something related to the outgassing of adhesives, microfiber seat inserts, or something else is offensive to people with pulmanory disorders...takes a long time to get rid of the smell

04 Chevy Malibu LS
By dan ford

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have researched and test-driven cars to purchase for about 5 months. As a former car salesperson, I was able to really ask tough questions to potential dealers both online and in person. I was pleasantly surprised upon learning about the new Malibu and immediately checked your website and others, concentrating on reviews and information in general. Using your website, we were able to get a quote from Woodruff Chevrolet that was interesting. After making personal contact, my wife and I test drove an LS version of the Malibu and were impressed by the features and preformance. We bought and are satisfied!

Favorite Features

Remote Start Traction Control Adjustable Pedals

Suggested Improvements

Dash Materials: better gauges and updated button controls. Heavier duty trim material.

Brand new, Malibu
By Tucquan

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had the car for a month and have enjoyed driving it each and every day. It rides nicely and is VERY quiet. The electric assisted power steering is very smooth. I feel relaxed and comfortable while driving. All-in-all, this a great car for the money. I really feel that Chevy got this one right.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, power seats, stereo (200 watt - sounds great), remote starter, the intelligent way the car knows when to dim the lights, shut off the radio, lock the doors, etc.

Suggested Improvements

The dash is a bit plain and could have used some texture and more color.

I love my new Malibu
By Lexianna

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my new Malibu. I bought it the same time my child bought their Calvalier. We both love our new Chevys. My 2004 Malibu has everything I was looking for in a new car plus some extras like the auto start, without paying too much. I wanted a BMW, but when I really looked at the BMW body from the back it looked like an old Honda, only the front looked different. I couldn't see paying that much for a car that looked like a Honda. The 2004 Malibu has it's own look, it's looks more expensive than it is. It's a beautiful car!!

Favorite Features

Auto start. Can warm car from the house on a cold day. Plus it's not a Camry, Honda or Altima; so many of them on the road, you seen one you seen them all. Strangers have complimented me on the Malibu, it's one of a kind style.

Suggested Improvements

It's perfect!

Chevvy hits the Bullseye
By jack w

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I cannot find fault with this vehicle,it exceeds any car I previously owned in all respects. It is great in build quality,comfort,performance,economy and value for money.No previous Chevrolet has approached its quality. I heartily recommend it and best of all it is American!

Favorite Features

Trunk with low lift-over,adjustable brake and gas pedals,telescoping steering wheel,wide-opening doors,38ft turning circle,etc.,etc.

Suggested Improvements

I'm stumped!

US Altima
By Depew

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Had the dealer prep me a new Impala LS and saw this car in the showroom, drove it and fell in love...same power lotzzza features all standard on the LT. Just love this car.

Favorite Features

remote start, heated seats, power everything, seat, sunroof. telescoping/tilt steering wheel, power pedal adjustments, leather just to name a few!

Love my Malibu!
By KayW

2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Malibu for a full month now and am loving every second of it. I have never owned a Chevy prior to this purchase and am really glad I bought this one. What a beauty of a car, inside and out. I've received many compliments about the looks of it and I feel very safe driving it too.

GREAT CAR ABOUT TIME
By KENT

2004 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

LOVE THIS CAR BEEN IN HONDAS FOR YEARS WAY TO GO CHEVY

Favorite Features

GREAT TOYS ON A CAR SO NICELY PRICED

Suggested Improvements

NOTHING THE CAR IS GREAT NO TUNE UP EVER WOW CANT UNDERSTAND EVERY BODY NOT BUILDING CARS LIKE THIS ?