Used 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Base Sedan Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Poorly made
By mcrogers07

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

If you'll look at carcomplaints.com, you'll notice 195 people reported steering problems. I had an issue with my steering column, which rendered the car as though it was hydroplaning. I paid to get that repaired (because Chevy still refused to do a recall even with all of the complaints). My engine coolant sensor has crapped out, so that indicator comes on every time the car is started. I was told that was also a common problem and would require a decent amount of labor to replace a relatively inexpensive part. There's also a loud vibration noise coming from the front dash when driven. It also dies randomly, but thankfully, as the car has already stopped. The trunk button stopped working so it has to be opened manually. The turn signal lights go out frequently. The display doesn't function if it's too cold.

What a LEMON!
By Suggabuzz

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This car has so many problems that I couldn't list them all if I tried. The dash is lit up like a Christmas tree! There are problems with the traction control/ ABS and Power steering. The headlights, trunk pop button, and gas gauge all do not work. Things just fall off and brake constantly. It leaks coolant, as well as transmission fluid. I bought this car with 'no problems' about 4 years ago, and it has been a constant battle to keep it out of the shop. There are so many re-calls i think even Chevy wants me to throw it off a cliff.

Piece of junk!
By tomschevy

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This car is the worst car i ever owned!so many problems,electrical problems airbag light comes on stays on some days and other days off,filled gas up needle goes crazy! no power steering in hot weather,will not start after long rides,leaking transmission fluid!wth? please do not buy one!and if you have one get rid of it!feels like car is dragging a block of concrete behind it!man worst car ever owned!!

none just my satellite i put in it! its surely coming out when i get rid of the junk!

must improve everything in this junk! rides like you sitting in a go-cart!

Worst car I have owned.
By jay3239

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is by far the worst car that I have ever owned. I have had issue after issue with it. Everytime I fix one thing, 2 more things go wrong!

Great Car that saves Money!
By bl45

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I am proud that my car continues to run beyond 120,000 miles with no critical repairs necessary. It consistently gets 32 MPG and saves money compared to most domestic sedans.
The interior features are practical and easy to use.
I would recommend this vehicle to anyone!