Used 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

What a LEMON!
By Suggabuzz

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This car has so many problems that I couldn't list them all if I tried. The dash is lit up like a Christmas tree! There are problems with the traction control/ ABS and Power steering. The headlights, trunk pop button, and gas gauge all do not work. Things just fall off and brake constantly. It leaks coolant, as well as transmission fluid. I bought this car with 'no problems' about 4 years ago, and it has been a constant battle to keep it out of the shop. There are so many re-calls i think even Chevy wants me to throw it off a cliff.

Piece of junk!
By tomschevy

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This car is the worst car i ever owned!so many problems,electrical problems airbag light comes on stays on some days and other days off,filled gas up needle goes crazy! no power steering in hot weather,will not start after long rides,leaking transmission fluid!wth? please do not buy one!and if you have one get rid of it!feels like car is dragging a block of concrete behind it!man worst car ever owned!!

none just my satellite i put in it! its surely coming out when i get rid of the junk!

must improve everything in this junk! rides like you sitting in a go-cart!

Worst car I have owned.
By jay3239

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is by far the worst car that I have ever owned. I have had issue after issue with it. Everytime I fix one thing, 2 more things go wrong!

Great Car that saves Money!
By bl45

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I am proud that my car continues to run beyond 120,000 miles with no critical repairs necessary. It consistently gets 32 MPG and saves money compared to most domestic sedans. The interior features are practical and easy to use. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone!

What Happend
By Jason

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I like the new body style. I think its a vary nice car. And the only complaint I really have is the dic driver info center. The car has some pep not much would've liked to see a 2.4l and OnStar on the base, but all in all it's a car to point a to point b, nothing unique about it.

Although the DIC is junk, it still gives you vital info.

Move the DIC by the guages not in the radio thats just dumb. If you have an error message you can't see the clock or temp. Oh and please standard ABS and traction control! I don't know whose idea it was to merge the dic and radio but it was poorly designed.