2004 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Piece of junk!
By tomschevy on 05/21/14 10:40 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This car is the worst car i ever owned!so many problems,electrical problems airbag light comes on stays on some days and other days off,filled gas up needle goes crazy! no power steering in hot weather,will not start after long rides,leaking transmission fluid!wth? please do not buy one!and if you have one get rid of it!feels like car is dragging a block of concrete behind it!man worst car ever owned!!

Worst car I have owned.
By jay3239 on 01/12/13 15:26 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is by far the worst car that I have ever owned. I have had issue after issue with it. Everytime I fix one thing, 2 more things go wrong!

Great Car that saves Money!
By bl45 on 01/15/11 14:51 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I am proud that my car continues to run beyond 120,000 miles with no critical repairs necessary. It consistently gets 32 MPG and saves money compared to most domestic sedans. The interior features are practical and easy to use. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone!

What Happend
By Jason on 06/09/08 16:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I like the new body style. I think its a vary nice car. And the only complaint I really have is the dic driver info center. The car has some pep not much would've liked to see a 2.4l and OnStar on the base, but all in all it's a car to point a to point b, nothing unique about it.

Still is Smooth
By Shortyflow on 11/01/07 20:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I had bought this vehicle to become a pizza delivery driver. It was my first vehicle with 45,000 miles on it, it now has 76,000 . it runs good and it drives great. Brakes are all that I have had to do.

By ssful on 07/30/05 11:30 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I've been most pleased with my 2004 Malibu. It suits my needs, safely getting me to the grocery store, and not breaking the bank on providing transportation. I feel this is an excellent choice for a student driver, or small family, or elderly person who is not looking for all the bells and whistles, but reliable transportation with the safety of a midsize. I extensively shopped, and only the Malibu and Galant were priced within my range .I purchased a demo with low mileage fully equipped, with two years of remaining warranty and paid under $10k. My only complaint is the seat adjustment handle is of such inferior plastic, I fear that it will break off every time I have to readjust.

I love my 2nd Malibu
By Cheryl Vasquez on 07/17/05 23:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I first owned a 2003 Malibu, which I liked as well, although, my 2004 held out better in frontal impact collision. My 2003 was totalled and my 2004 was salvageable. I like the Malibu and I enjoy driving this car immensely. I would recommend this car to anyone with 1-2 children. Any more in the family could be a little uncomfortable.

Chevrolet Malibu base model
By Sandy A. on 12/20/04 09:05 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle is not only fun to drive but very fuel efficient. The things I don't like about it are: cheap seat coverings, base model doesn't have keyless entry, and windows could be tinted more. However, for the money, you can't beat this vehicle!

Nice Car
By MikeT612 on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I like it. Looks weird at first, but it grows on you.

stallouts
By pass road on 08/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Purchase vehicle with 49 miles on it and at 124 miles i experience a total lost of electrical power. the car was return to dealer not only ones but twice for a total 13 days of shop repairs in 33 days of ownership. This problem continued and the car is parked and in arbitration with 710 miles on it.