2003 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: Reliable, Comfy Car Overall

2003 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Reliable, Comfy Car Overall
By A.D. on

2003 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2003 Chevy Malibu with 11,000 miles on it. I now have 22,000 miles on it. I don't drive long distances (everywhere I go is pretty much within 15 miles of my house), but this car gets me from Point A to Point B safely. I don't worry about breaking down in the middle of the night. I've had this car for about a year and a half, and the only thing it's been at the mechanic's shop for is the routine oil change every 3,000. That's it. This is a very low-maintenance, reliable, comfortable car, great on gas, has sufficient pickup with its V6 engine. Factory stereo/CD system is superior to most factory systems. It rocks. And the car looks nice, too! I'm very happy with my Malibu.

Faux wood dash panels, stereo, CD player, roomy interior, very comfy, big trunk, tilt steering wheel, comfy seats, and I love the position of the ignition keyhole--straight ahead so you can see it, as opposed to hidden on the side and under the steering wheel.

My only complaint is that I notice (mostly after a rainy day) that I get some condensation inside the plastic casing that goes around the headlights. Perhaps they should use higher-quality molding/rubber to better seal this area.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review