2003 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Pleasantly Suprised
By C.J. on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I had never even considered a Malibu until my wife and I bought one. I'm 6'4" and the Malibu was comfortable even on extended trips. It's no sports car, but the v-6 has plenty of power. Good handling, and it was rock solid on snow and ice. It also has excellent fuel economy for its size. I would also say its very safe, I walked away from a 70mph crash, uninjured.

great
By john adams on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

i realy love this vihicle and i am in the army it gets me everywhere i need to go and more.

Looking Back....
By 4carowner on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I have a '99 LS that is identical to the '03's. With 60k miles I have to say it has been a good car. Initial problems with brakes and tires have been fixed. Only other problem is a short in AC switch & alternator failed at 45k. There are only 2 ways to buy the Malibu. First use rebates, GM card promotions and Insist on Invoice price. Second is to find one 2 yrs old and pay half price since resale value is horrible. Right now in SE Region there is 3000 rebate plus 1500 bonus cash and they are clearing out the 03's left for the improved 04 version. With GM card savings you can get it for 6-8000 under invoice!!!

Highway driving
By John & Sue on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Basically we stole the car when buying it. I got such a good deal (in my opinion) that even though I wasn't looking for another car we just couldn't pass it up. Its enjoyable to drive but attention has to be paid to handling on the highway, it handles well in city driving but the steering is way too tight for the highway. Not a good highway car for a person who while driving may do things that could take their attention off the road even for 1/2 second.

Detroit Got It Right
By volkshater on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car as a replacement for my everyday car. I was surprised by its ride and features. It has a great trunk and spacious seating. I feel comfortable and secure at highway speeds. I think it speaks well for Detroit that they can get some things right for a change.

The Refrigerator
By berne1 on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Got the '03 knowing full well the '04 would be all-new. Couldn't pass up the lease, however, at $193/mo. GM was basically giving them away at the end, and I moved from a Focus lease to save $50/mo. Hey, it's not like I had a Lexus! Plainest car I've ever had. Does the job and doesn't get noticed (a refrigerator), and a great A-B car. Getting just 21 MPG, but all city driving. Performance and handling are merely adequate. I had to search high and low for a Tan interior. Why does GM love Gray so much? Car rated #1 in JD Power quality survey, and so far I have had zero issues.

I Just got it
By Little K on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Well I have had the car for 1mo. And so far so good. We will see what happen in a year from now. Drive Safe and Good luck to all.

Great Car for $12K!
By Jobeewan on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this in August with about %K incentives, plus anoith 1,500 off using power buy, Painless buy and great value. At this price, I wonder why I didn't buy 2 or 3!

Works for Me !
By Dadbo on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

When my lease for my 2000 Impala was up, I went back to my Chevrolet dealership. Being 6'3" and nearly 300 pounds, I was a bit apprehensive about going to a smaller vehicle. I was amazed how comfortable the Malabu was. I just drove from Florida to New York and was comfortable the entire trip. Kudos to Chevrolet !!

I love my Malibu
By Redroseblue on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

The Malibu is easy to handle. The car is very quite while driving. I love the LS with all the trimmings and extras at a great price.