2003 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Impala
By JeffGreer1 on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

We have been pleasantly surprised by this automobile. The trip mileage is consistently 35 miles per gallon. Much better than we expected for a car this size.

Poor Brakes / Bad Service
By Brake-Broke on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

The car was fair to good until having to replace the brakes TWICE in less than 30k miles. Great prices to buy, but service is as bad as it gets with them. Gas mileage is not even close to the 32 Hwy mpg, I'm lucky if I get 25- 26. do yourself a favor and DO NOT BUY THIS CAR. I will never get another GM vehicle. Can't wait to get rid of this car.

could be better
By madeamistake on 05/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

i purchased my chevy malibu in november 2003 w/19000 miles for 11,999.. it was a very good bargain pricewise but i do have a few complaints. Gas mileage is not a good a GM preaches, i might get 20 mpg on the highway. also the interior is not ergomonically correct, the center console is too high and so is the gearshift. And the tires that come standard (ford affinity) are the absolute pits! they are loud, and they dont handle well on dry road. overall it is a very good car, engine is quiet, i"ve had no mechanical problems so far.

Reliable, but could be better
By Hansjs on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for nearly a year without any real maintenance problems, however there are few negatives as well. Fuel economy is fair at best(I have been getting 24 on the Highway), the engine is not very quiet, road noise is loud, and the interior ergonomics are not well thought. I will say that the engine is quick, I never have a problem merging right into traffic.

You get what you pay for
By DJ43 on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Chevy is not what it used to be! ! ! My first new car was an Impala in 1963 and I loved it. Had to change push rods and tappits but it was easy to do. Just a few after-noons in the garage. It was great when you could do your own maintenance. I'd like to own another Chevy but I do not think I would get the best for my Buck. See you in 2005 (perhaps).

Its been a great car
By HappyLS on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car based on the great price I got $16,100 for v6, sunroof, leather etc. I was a little hessitant based on some reviews. I'm happy to say its been a great car. Its met or surpassed all my expectation. The V6 is smooth and powerfull, breaks well. Good build quality. Could use some better tires. For the price of something like a Honda Civic I got alot more car and performance.

2003 Malibu LS
By Seahrse on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

My car has been in the shop three times in six weeks for three different mechanical problems. My enjoyment of the vehicle has been replaced with trepidation. Every time I drive it I wait to see what goes wrong.

madeamistake
By madeamistake on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

i bought a used 2003 chevy malibu w/19000 miles on it and i think i made a mistake i read all the reviews and they all seemed to agree it was a very good car but after owning it for 2 months i am not happy it dosent handle well it always feel like the suspension or the wheel alignment is out of wack it dosent have very good gas mileage (i might get 30 highway miles to 1/4 tank of gas. dosent this dealer preach 23-32 miles a gallon? no way!!!) anybody ever heard of ergonomics?? guess gm didnt the gearshift is too long and its in the way of the ashtray and the radio believe me im ready to take it back

General Review
By khkrol on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Bought for my daughter. She has put over 15,000 miles. Have yet to bring it in for any warranty work.

2003 chevy malibu
By goochmamax2 on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Its a great car. I love it. It is my first brand new car. I really wanted a 2001 malibu, but they told me that I couldn't get that. That I had to buy new. I was very excited but the payments are a killer. I think I could of got a better car for the price I am paying a month.