Used 2003 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Tires are really important
By tires are important

2003 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Got the car for my son. I noticed HUGE road noise, especially interstate driving, and just figured that the car was a noisy cheap car. I was trying to sound proof it, but did some research on the tires, and saw that the tires that were on there EVERYONE complained about the road noise, so i switched them out, and the car rides like a dream..much, much quieter

25 mpg

no major problems , so far 90k miles; I did replace front rotors at 70K, so if it makes a noise when you turn, get it checked out

Fuel pumps in Chevrolet Malibu poor
By Katherine Knudsen

2003 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I have had trouble with the cooling system and now the fuel pump. This is my second malibu and the second time I have had to deal with a fuel pump. The seat is difficult to pull down in back for trunk room.

comfortable to travel in and roomy.

Improvements needed in cooling system and fuel pump.

2003 Malibu
By M

2003 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased in 8/2003, and I beat drive this car hard! I rarely give it an oil change or any of the recommended maintenance.....The car runs perfectly! I have never gotten stuck! Front rotors and brake pads need to be replaced fairly frequently. The air conditioning has not worked since 2004. I had a problem with water filling the trunk in 2007. The passenger side gets rust spots which I have noticed on many of the Malibus. But, I have never owned a vehicle for this many (6) years! It has been good to me, I have 107, 000 miles on it!

Spacious trunk

Front rotors/brake calipers

Good Vehicle
By Malibu03

2003 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased vehicle at 31,000 miles, 2 years old. I always have my cars serviced at the appropriate times. Never had to do anything to it until the brakes went after 3 years of driving it (20,000 mi/yr). This past week the fuel pump went, but I purchased a 7yr/100,000 service contract which paid for the replacement. Have always liked the car. No other issues and I'm at 90,000 miles.

Great size, great go, great look. I'm average size, average weight and fit perfectly in the car.

Brakes, fuel pump longevity.

Changed MInd
By broker037

2003 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Rated good before...changed mind. At 64,000 miles worst car ever owned. Head gasket broke down at 40,000 miles due to DexCool AntiFreeze ... GM only would pay for 1/2 "IF" you take to dealer. Cheaper to go to private shop. No wonder they went bankrupt. DO NOT BUY!

NONE

Seats wear out--not enough cushion over time. A/C needs better switch. Had four and then traded the god- forsaken thing. Suggestion: throw away the mold and don't make anymore. .

• SUV