2003 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
malibu
By jon catlin on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

my 2002 chevrolet malibu is a pretty reliable car . it is very fuel eficent and has only had one break down so far .

Fun to drive!
By Douglas on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Great car. Very dependable. Can't wait to see the new style this year!

Great style at a great price
By ThreeMalones on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

We love our Malibu. Few cosmetic problems on delivery (scratches and interior grime) of which the dealer took care of right away. Awesome sound system; plenty of storage, and an oversized, "flat" trunk which looks huge. The fold down rear seats are very useful. The features and additions were very plentiful and affordable. We are VERY happy.

best bang for the buck!!!!
By joseph ciaccio on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

good pick up a firm ride

Mailbu worth the money
By Shawn555 on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

For a peppy fun to drive car under 20,000 test drive a chevy mailbu. My car is silent only when you blow the doors off civcs and other punk cars cant you hear the car make noise. Also the factory sound system is very simple to use while driving. The best part is the cup holder next to the steering wheel it has already come in handy many times.

Excellent car, especially for the $.
By SJP on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This is an excellent and impressive car for the money. Good power, and handling and ride as good as the Camry. Very quite, as good as the Camry except for a little noisier engine - at least when accelerating hard. Has just about everything one would want in this class of car. Very good stereo (we have the upgrade), comfortable seats (again, since ours is the LS, the seats are an upgrade over the base - do not like the seats in the base). Very roomy. The original Firestone Affinity tires are the only down side. I replaced them with Dumlap SP's. They improved the ride and handling, especially in the rain.

Automotive Bargain
By Ray N on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the few automotive bargains in today's market place. Good features at a relatively good price.

Happy with our Malibu
By fadedave on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Plain Jane? Yes. Built like a truck? Yes. Meets the needs of a family of four? Yes. The Malibu was our last 'throw-in" when we made our short list of mid size cars to test drive and after test driving the 'imports' we found this Chevy to more than meet what we wanted in price, build and performance.

Best Bang for Buck
By afLt on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Malibu in November 02. It has ran great so far, but the gas milage isn't as great as I would like it to be. I have the base model with the remote keyless, aluminum wheels, and power widows, locks, etc. I love the color which is the new medium gray. Over all considering I paid 15,000 tax and all, I would say that I got a great car at a really great price.

Good Car
By K358 on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Mine is actually a 1997, the first year. It currently has 103,450 miles and is doing fine. I enjoy the car, but the engine only has 155 hp because they didn't upgrad the engine until 2000. Overall, the car hasn't been bad and I've not had the brake problems some have had. My gas mileage isn't what I would prefer, but I do drive a little fast. My mom has a 1995 Olds Cutlass 2 dr with the 3.1 V6 with 162,000 on the engine, so I am hoping for the same with the Malibu. It has been a good car and I would recommend it.