Used 2003 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

My first car
By Mikey

2003 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

It was a great car , I bought it in 2009 with 120k on it I was 16 when I bought it, it was actually in a previous accident and was reconstructed but looked brand new, I never had a problem with any type of engine work or anything, I did get in a accident with it when I was 18 but I got it fixed and it was fine the only trouble I had with the car was electronic issues like my tail lights were always going out and getting me pulled over and always had to mess with the word and get new tail lights, but I had the car intill I was 22 and had to get rid of it for financial issues. But I would definitely buy another one!

First Car At 168,000 Miles...
By Ethyn Dirmeyer

2003 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Well, got my first car about a month ago. The Chevy Malibu LS. Got it used for a heck of a deal. Love the power this thing has got, and the interior design is AMAZING! The Radio is alright, ended up replacing every single speaker (4x6 and 6x9) for Rocksfords. The original speakers arent bad though, the bass isnt half bad but not any wear NEAR what you can get. I love the inside of this car. 2 Cigarette Lighters, Easy to open door panels. All i'm getting from now until i die is a Malibu (:

Good Stereo System, 3.1L Engine, Power Steering handles well, 2 Cigarette lighters.

The Seats are uncomfortable a little over 2 hours of sitting.

Great Car
By alan1945

2003 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased as a used rental car in 2004 with 15,000 miles.
I now have 203,000 miles and change the oil at 5,000 intervals.
Non maintenance repairs have only been a fuel pump, thermostat, and alternator.
MPG is great.
Consistently averages 30-32 highway at 70+ MPH and 26-28 city.
Will easily go 55,000 to 60,000 miles on a set of tires.
Nothing great to look at but the most reliable car I have owned, especially considering the price.
Would like to get something newer but the thing just won't quit.

No complaints
By chevyok

2003 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Going on 1th year since new. Fairly reliable car
given normal maintenance.
Beside the normal problems others have reported, such as sticky flasher, stuck A/C button, wrapped rotor, etc, I really cannot complaint too much. I did replace the water pump and thermostat, shocks all around 100K miles, the ABS sensors at 115K. Other than that, everything still works approaching 136K. My goal with this car is 250K miles, but will see when and if it can get there.

Great value...
By elbarto247

2003 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased the car in 2004 with 9K miles. always taken care of the care by doing the maintenance myself. Car has had no major problems since i purchased. Just had my transmission oil and radiator
flushed a replaced. Car still performs very well. Taken it on multiple trips a year and always average between 26-28 MPG. Have highly rated All season tires and always perform regular oil changes. Acceleration always begins to be a problem right before oil changes are necessary, but the car performs very well otherwise. Interior is differently not of high quality and things do brake but nothing a little lover and attention wont fix.

Very Reliable as long as maintenance is done. Car is not forgiving if you missed its maintenance.

Seats are very uncomfortable and interior part brake often.