Unhappy Customer
By japonica on
2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)
I've had my Malibu for 11mos and have changed rotors twice-the first time was the day after I drove the car off the lot. My automatic doorlocks, lock/unlock when I drive. My hazard lights and turning signals work sometimes. Overall I like the car & have gotten used it but the trouble I have to go through to leave it at the dealer for repairs is incovenient. My gripe is with the manufacturer. The car needs to be recalled. My father is a Chevy-man. He has owned a El Camino and currently owns a Corvette, S10 Pick-up, and 2001 Blazer. So, I went from Toyota to Chevy. I'm not a converted fan. Matter of fact, I plan to trade-in this one soon.
Favorite Features
For the price, I believe that Chevrolet gives you more for the money. I am in love with the spacious interior and amenties such as the fold down rear seats, audio volume compensation,travel lights, and reachable controls. These options make it easy to fall in love with the car.
Suggested Improvements
Engine tapping, aluminum brake calibers/rotors and turning signal/ hazard light failures. Many owner's complaints include poor city mileage-approx 14mpg. For the average woman, this car-a prize. I'm not your average female. I don't just drive a car. The car must drive me-Malibu has fallen short.