This car has been nothing but trouble
By rjb1012 on
2002 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)
My parents bought this car for me from a friend of my grandma's when I first got my license at 16. It had about 50k miles. Since day one, it has been nothing but a money pit. For the past 3 years, it has gone in the shop at least twice a year for repairs. The first problem that I encountered was that the air condition would always switch to outside air at random, and when it did that, it would shut the air condition off for a couple minutes. Then the next major problem was that the brakes needed to replaced. All this in just the 1st year of owning the car. Next year the brakes were at it AGAIN. This year, the intake gasket needs to be replaced AND the air condition is broken again.
Favorite Features
Nice interior, rides well when it actually works.
Suggested Improvements
Chevrolet needs to do a quality check on what they're putting out. My problems that I have had have obviously been very common problems with other Malibu owners (I learned this by reading these other reviews and reviews on other websites). I would not buy this car again, and probably won't ever buy another chevy again. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do now because I can't afford another car, but I'm having to spend more money on this car than it's worth just to keep it running. As soon as I can get rid of it, I will.