2002 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: So far, junk!

2002 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic)

So far, junk!
By Anderson on

2002 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car brand new. The first couple years were ok. Today this car is the biggest regret for a car I have ever owned. First, the brakes were junk. Then the catalytic converter went, then the fuel pump, then the heater core, then a engine seal for the coolant, then the ignition module, then another set of brakes, and finally a #350 sensor for the computer that was also giving it starting troubles. I cant even remember the other stuff that has gone wrong. To date I have about $3000 to $4000 in repairs and the car only has 96,000 miles. I have a 08 Silverado and a 98 Cavalier and they are great vehicles. 02 Malibu is junk!

Decent looking car. That's about it. Gas mileage is decent.

GM, you need to re-design this car like some of your other more reliable vehicles like the older Cavalier. I have 175000 on my Cavalier with no major probs. Also, put more than one stinking cup holder in the front seat area. Wife is tired of having to hold her beverage on road trips.