Never a Chevy Again!
By bfairchild on
2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)
Worst care ever. Lower intake manifold seal replaced for $1100 due to dex-cool eating apart the gasket. Turn signal shorted due to the hazard switch that Chevy decided to put right next to the a/c vents where it could accumulate moister. Why they wired the signal switch to the hazard switch just shows what type of corners they cut in manufacturing. A/C blower replaced. Random beeps heard from the stereo. Intake manifold gasket started leaking again and required constant coolant. It was just disappearing from the car! Went through tires every 5,000 miles. They never wore evenly despite an alignment and balance. Chevy should have stepped up and recalled this car. Last Chevy I ever Buy
Favorite Features
There was so much more wrong with this car that I couldnt fit in the review. There was very little I liked. The trunk was very big, and the sunroof was nice and the stereo was fantastic.
Suggested Improvements
Chevy should just stop making cars. There is a reason they had to be bailed out. Im so glad I got rid of my chevy and bought a Ford! The malibu is an extremely dangerous car to drive! The geniuses thought it would be a good idea to have the overflow tank pour out right next to the serpentine belt. When it gets wet and slips, you loose power steering! I will never own a Chevy again! I hope people stop buying there piles of junk, and everyone looses there jobs that they don't deserve to have in the first place.