2002 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
a perfect 10
By boxxhead on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

this car is awesome it handles like my old sports sedan yet this did not cost thirty grand a lot more pep than i thougt it would have honey we can keep the kids!

no chevy ever again
By Houma La on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I had my malibu for less than a year and had the brakes fixed 3 times. It ran hot several times. The dealer put two motors in it in less than 6 months. The heads were rebuilt about 6 times. The radiator was repaired 3 times. The lower intake valve and water pump were also repaired, and I finally had enough and gave it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like My LS
By Sblue on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

The LS has great features for the money! The sound system is much nicer than on my 2000 Lincoln --- go figure!

still looking
By tnrn on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I've been shopping for a new family car for almost 4 months. After all the hype and sticker shock finally drove a Malibu LS. A lot of standard features for the money, seems to be a fairly solid car, reasonable price, $2000 cash back now and I can cash in those GM Card points I've been piling up.

NEW 2002
By Jetskiace on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought our 2002 Malibu and very happy with it.In 1989 bought a Corsica (V6) new and still own with 157,000 miles, bought a new 1992 Chevy S-10 4x4 pick-up(V6) now has 110,000 on it, this is my 3rd new GM car in 13 years, also leased a 1996 S-10 Blazer for 3 years, all great cars/trucks for me. Maintain them and they run for alot of miles, my youngest girl will be driving the Corsica soon and see no reason why we can't see 250,000 miles on it.

Second time was the charm
By ms5468 on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my vehicle 4/12/02 brand new had only 13 miles on it. Drive it off the lot and 20 minutes later had a problem with the engine and brakes. The car had to be towed to the dealer the next day, and after heavy negotiations I received another Malibu. Happy to report it runs perfectly. Was a little worried since I traded in a Honda Civic for it. Hope to keep on trucking for at least 7 years.

I love my Malibu!!!!
By monica on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This is actually my 6th car in 12 years. I have had everything from Hondas, Cadillacs, Oldsmobiles, Chevy's, and Fords. I was reluctant to but another Chevy, however, after intensive research I found the Malibu. This car received major good reviews from a lot of car publications. I have had my car for almost a year and I am completely satisfied. I am really hard on cars, especially the brakes, and my car has held up VERY well. I have a fully loaded LS, this was one of the best purchases I have made.

An excellent value
By sean258 on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I actually have a 1997 Malibu that I purchased through Enterprise Auto in 1999 (June) I am very happy with the car. I purchased the car with 40000 miles on it and presently it has 78000 on it. I work for the rail road and this car has been as far as Port Washington to Speonk with no problem. It has never let me down.

Nice Car For Now
By RT on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

The Chevorlet Malibu is a great value, so far I have owned it 4 months and it is running fine. It is fun to drive and has a lot of power and many creature comforts. From a mechanical point of view it has a transmission that the fluid does not have to be changed, 100,000 mile spark plugs, 5 year anti freeze fluid. With all that being said what concerns me is the long term repair record. I have heard a lot of complaints from many people. I am crossing my finger and hope the this car runs well in the long term. If Toyota and Hodna can make such a great car why can't GM do the same?

Unhappy Customer
By japonica on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Malibu for 11mos and have changed rotors twice-the first time was the day after I drove the car off the lot. My automatic doorlocks, lock/unlock when I drive. My hazard lights and turning signals work sometimes. Overall I like the car & have gotten used it but the trouble I have to go through to leave it at the dealer for repairs is incovenient. My gripe is with the manufacturer. The car needs to be recalled. My father is a Chevy-man. He has owned a El Camino and currently owns a Corvette, S10 Pick-up, and 2001 Blazer. So, I went from Toyota to Chevy. I'm not a converted fan. Matter of fact, I plan to trade-in this one soon.