2002 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
No Nonsense Family Car
By McLearen on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Car was won on "The Price is Right" and sold to Car Max with 123 miles on it. I was the lucky one who bought it. It's a base model with the power/cruise option pack. The car is really much more than many people say - good comfort, good power, comfortable seating that encourages long trips with little fatigue. Have put 16000 on it so far with no complaints. Would like to see more in the way of storage in the center console, and a metal ash tray instead of the plastic one (smoker). Only thing I don't like is the common problem with all new cars - no vent window. Sorry to see this body style discontinued - new one stinks.

2002 Malibu
By cudagtx on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Malibu from 1997(the other was a 2000). Each one has been better than the previous one. This is the first Malibu that I bought used, it was one year one when I purchased it, and this is best by far, better than the other two.

Resliable responsice economical Malibu
By Seerp on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

At 58000 miles this car has never been back to the dealer for fixes! Excellent on gas as I get close to 30 mpg, it has pleanty of pep and is nicely road responsive. I would buy another one in a minute. I hope they don't screw up the new model coming.

I LOVE THIS CAR
By RENEE on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

THIS CAR IS DA BOMD

DECENT
By JENNY on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

OVERALL I LOVE MY MALIBU, ITS CUTE, COMFTY AND FITS ME VERY WELL. IF YA LIKE A SOMEWHAT SMALLER CAR... THIS ONE IS A EXCELLENT CHOICE. B/C ITS TOO BIG AND NOT TOO SMALL.

'02 Malibu LS
By mhj on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Malibu as my first car out of college, So far I am very pleased. My only additions are window vents and XM radio

2002Malibu
By srh2002 on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car used with 22000 which was high mileage for just one year. It was a rental. My only complaint is the front seat is way to soft causing the driver to sit to low. I bought the base model but it has most all the features I want. I'm use to driving cars with 4 cylinders that provide better gas mileage but for a V- 6 it does OK. I hope my Malibu provides many maintenance free miles. Some of the complaints in other reviews worry me but so far mine runs great. It is very roomy for a midsize car. Nice comfortable ride.

Future Baby's First Car
By crenstrom on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Since we went down to one car nearly 1 year ago we have been very satisfied with our choice of the Malibu LS. The interior is very comfortable. I'd recommend it as a reasonable alternative to anyone looking at a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry unless you plan on keeping the car for 15 years. The 3.1 engine is in many Chevrolet products. It has great performance, great ride, larger interior, and doesn't need 93 octane gas in the v6.

Not an Egg Crate
By luvmahcar on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I have 15,500 miles on my car and have not yet had any problems that other people have complained about. It is very comfortable w great speaker sounds. I bought it to make the multiple drives from Texas to Pennsylvania pleasurable, and it is. My previous car was a Cavalier which was a POS and an egg crate. I will be a repeat Malibu buyer!

halfway to greatness
By DEVINU on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Great sedan that may push GM to forefront of sedan market. Reliable & affordable yet still needs major improvements in order to capture the hearts of Americans. Can't wait for redesign for 2004 and hope they fixI fix braking system (all wheel disc), electronics(my turn signals stopped working at 60k) and refine the interior/exterior. This car is an excellant value which you will need if you plan to trade-in at any point. I recently traded my 99 ls with 94k and received only 3k. I bought a 03 Accord in order to balance out the 3k in negative equity. Total cost of vehicle over loan length is what counts!