2002 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Ideal Rental Car - Not a car to own
By solistide on 03/15/05 01:13 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Probably the plainest, drabbest vehicle that can be called a "car", an ideal vehicle for a rental lot -- doesn't stand out. Drives like a log on wheels, changing lanes is arduous, odd ignition placement: hard to reach in this car, blocked by oversized steering wheel. Horn pressure points on the SIDES of the wheel instead of the CENTER, and out-of-the-way placement of the drive stick. Problems I've had: ABS & brake system must be reset by dealer after any hard braking. Terrible handling, poorly designed seats, significant road and engine noise. But, it is also VERY safe, like putting an extremely heavy helmet on a baby's head when he first learns to walk.

Quality ... without the Japanese price!
By satisfied guy on 11/13/04 17:13 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

The only problem with my Malibu has been brakes. They were fixed several times by the dealer, at their expense. Last time was the charm as I have driven almost 15,000 miles since, with no further problems. The car handles well, is comfortable, and gets good gas mileage. I am very satisfied with this car

Second Review (luvmahcar)
By luvmahcar2 on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Car now has 35670 miles and had to change some of the reviews. Have had it in twice for warranty. 1. to replace heater/ac controls (ac switched to outside air on its own accord). 2. Had the upper strut mount replaced. Still no break problems. I am pleased with the gas mileage of 31 on the road and 25 city. Interior integrity is still excellent. Hate the painted bumpers - high speed bug hits knock off the paint and it shows. Still, overall it is an excellent car and I am still very happy with it. Now, to see how the next 15,000 miles go!!!!!

2002 Chevvy Malibu
By olumide on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

By itself, Chevvy Malibu is a fairly good car. However, when compared to other vehicles in its class like the Toyota Camry or Honda Accord, it is a crap. Acceleration is sluggish, the interior is an embarrasment and altogether is a non starter. By the time this vehicle is on 80miles/hr, it becomes very light, as if it is going to be blown off the road.

Bad Chevy
By Bozenuts05 on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first car that I have owned. I have never had so many problems with it. I am averaging a once a month in the shop. Many problems have been repeating, but GM can't fix them! This will be the last Chevy I will ever own, maybe even the last Domestic car I will ever own!

think twice
By kixfix on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

2002 malibu powertrain good economy good. Handling ok. Quality is not very good and other than the engine and transmison the rest of the car is falling apart!!!!!! The warranty is to short and GM does not stand behind what it builds. Biggest complaint the brakes are poorly designed and i can"t keep a set on the car. i om fixing to be on the 3rd set in 51000 miles.

2002 malibu owner
By ELOZA on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I'VE HAD MY MALIBU FOR 3 YEARS AND LOVE IT MY SISTER A 1997 MALIBU THAT'S WHY I BOUGHT MINE THE TIMES SHE LENT ME HER'S I AUTOMATICALLY KNEW I WOULD GET ME ONE

Malibu Baby
By Candie on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This car is the best car i have ever driven. it's not too big and not too small it's really good locking and it drives smooth and comfortable this is a really wonderful car.

I'm Happy
By DesertAnne on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

So far so good. For the money it's a good car. I haven't had any problems, I love the stereo and it handles well. My only complaint is the lack of pickup, too bad they didn't offer a manual transmission. Other than that I love the car.

I love this car!!
By itsgeetee on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Malibu for 18 months now and I love it. I have all the options expect the engine heating block and the gold package, and I have not had any problems. It is fun to drive and very comfortable.