Used 2002 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Repair costs $2,200 for 2005 (so far)
By Dave

2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This car was poorly built. This car requires new brakes every 15K miles and new rotors every 30K miles. I followed all recommendations for maintaining my vehicle per the owner's manual. Once the car hit 60K miles, it started to fall apart completely. In the last two years I have had to bring my car to the mechanic for repairs eight times (thank goodness for AAA)!The cost of repairs for 2004: $1,200. The cost for repairs through 7/05 $2,200. List of items needing repairs: ignition switch(2x), ignition cylinder, manifold intake gasket, antifreeze cap, A/Cc. I will not be purchasing another Chevy, or any product built by GM,. They just couldn't discount it enough for me to take the risk!

Quality, customer service

2002 Chevy Malibu LS
By Jeff Edstrom

2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought a 2002 Chevy Malibu on ebay. I was kind of hesitant about buying a car on ebay, but it was a smokin' deal and it worked out really well! This blue book on this car was about $9,000 and on ebay i bought it for $5,000. It was a great deal and it is a great car! I love it! it drives great and it's perfect for my son. I love it! I'd recommend it to anyone who is interested in buying a Malibu!

I like the upholstry, the sound, the build, the sunroof, the gas mileage, its all good!

I don't like the speedometer!

best car I've had
By mike

2002 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This is an outstanding car. It's never let me down. A little standard maintenance, and it runs great, handles perfectly, has real pick-up, and the control has gotten me out of scrapes other cars would've never gotten out of (I know; I've had a lot of cars).

Laid out great. Has great HP for its size

Standard alloy wheels

Just middle of the road
By slimjim

2002 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Malibu for 3 years now and I can tell you it is good all around transportation. It is just about the right size. Has all the right options. I have the LS so it has most of the toys I like having. One complaint I do have with the car is I had to replace the brakes and rotors with only 34000 miles and I blame that one on GM. So, knocking on wood, I can say this has been a rather trouble free car so far. I hope it stays that way.

The things I like best about this car are the power seats, the ease of using the radio CD player, the center arm rest, the good gas mileage, and the price of the car

Better brakes

I've owned two
By Scott

2002 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I really like my Malibus. Occasionally they have had some repairs needed - A/C switch, blink switch, door switch. But Overall I'm very, very pleased. Great pickup and go and excellent handling a high speeds in the rain - (freeway driving). The 2002 realy hugs the road well. I did buy the extended warranty. My dealership (Thorobred in Arizona) takes GREAT care of me. Best service of any company I've ever dealt with. I'd buy another !!!! (Many who boo hoo are asian supporters)

Good pickup and excellent paint.

None at all. I like it the way it is.