Best used car I'v had
By jstanthrguy on
2001 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)
I got my 01 Malibu 2 years ago with only 45,000 miles on it and havnt had any big issues with it other than my AC / heater going out at 80k miles but that was a $30 fix that took me a year to do. My lighter outles have gone out and the engine keeps doing a tugging issue but I'm sure its the area I live in. Other than that just normal wear. I will say they don't do so well on climate change though. I brought it from NE winters to California summers and hit a speed bump and cracked a tie rod but that was $6 to fix. Now at 110k its in perfect condition. I love it.
Favorite Features
V6, 32/26 MPG, Sound system, trunk space, tight steering, comfortable seating, tons of special features: auto headlights, washer fluid in window blades, reading lights on mirror, tons of storage in cab, easy to use controles, carbin fiber inlay, theft lock on dash.
Suggested Improvements
My only issue with the design is that the center armrest has a storage box in it and when I lift the arm rest everything falls out onto my back seats and that the car runs a bit hot but all Malibus do. And being 6'3 I have the seat all the way back and its hard to put a car seat in so I have to use my truck.